Navigator, Sept 11 cruise

domer

We have cruised with Regent for 60+ days and are currently scheduled for the Navigator for a double cruise on September 11 and September 18th. Our past experience with the Regent home office has been excellent. However we have a current problem which has continued for three or four months with no results. In the Regent January 2009 issue of Voyages our cruise is listed on page 26 as having a candlelight concert at Ephesus from the port of Kusadasi. On the first day for signup it wasn't listed and I called Regent and complained that it couldn't have sold out in one day. The immediate response was that it was and we would be waitlisted. Since that time the responsed from Regent have been completely non responsive. Our travel agent called Regent and reported that the excusion had been cancelled, but I believe it continues on their website. Has anyone else on the cruise had any problems?

I and my cousins will be joining you on your cruise. Your note reflects the same experience I have had regarding the cancellation of the Ephesus concert. Today's response to me from Regent is that the concert was canceled because of lack of interest! Here is the email I received from Regent:

"I did hear back from our shore excursions department and they did advise me that we are no longer offering that event. Unfortunately not enough passengers signed up for the event and we had to cancel the event. I apologize for any inconvenience. If you do have a complaint please feel free to write to us at guestrelations@rssc.com."

I am now formulating a response to Regent and will let you know what they have to say.

Archived