Does Southwest ever lower their flight prices?

letsgocruz1

It depends. Their "Get Away" fares are sometimes discounted but I think the DING fares are the most popular sales. You will need to download the software if you haven't already and monitor the sale (generally changes every 12-24 hours). However, for certain popular flights (i.e. FLL or LAX) there are less chances for a reduced fare.

Do they ever lower their lowest price or do they just sell at that price until that fare is sold out? (sounds almost like a tongue twister, lol)

Yes they do offer lower fares at times AFTER you have paid for your ticket and thats where they SHINE ! If you find a lower fare... cancel and rebook the flight (w/out fee's) and savings can be used towards a future travel date within a year !

SW.... No baggage fee's.... no change fee's..... I will deal w/ unassigned seats ! :cool::D:)

Yes, they sometimes offer there prices. With that said, we normally book earlier to get the lowest price they offer at the time. We get a non refundable but if a lower rate came available we could take the credit and use it towards the cost of a flight within 1 year of the time we booked the original flight.

Keith

Keith is right, as usual...if the price drops (or, as we did, you make a change resulting in a lower fare) you can get a credit (no cash refund). All you have to do to use the credit is to key in the confirmation # from the ORIGINAL flight.

Archived