Legend Aft Balconies

SliderNc

I'm looking to book on the Legend for other 12/6 or the 12/13 cruise and they are running a pretty good deal with an upgrade to an 8I with $200 in OBC.

Anyone ever sailed in these cabins before on the Legend or any of the Spirit class ships? Are there any advantages to booking these as opposed to booking other balcony cabins with the extended balconies aside from the view off the aft of the ship? What decks are good/bad to book on with noise, etc.?

Thanks for your time and answers. I've never sailed Carnival before, but my girlfriend sailed on the Glory this past February and wasn't really impressed for what they paid in terms of the cabin and service level. I'm hoping that it was just the group of people she sailed with and not the ship because at that price, Carnival is a steal to me as it's almost $1000 cheaper for an aft balcony than on one of the Freedom class RCI ships for a similar itin and for us, that covers our wine/bar bill for the week.

We had cabin 6264. It was our first aft cabin. We have had balcony cabins in the past. For me the aft has pros and cons.

Husband did not like it. I don't know if it was just our cabin but there was a whistling coming from the balcony all night. I think it was the wind whipping around. It did not bother me. He is a light sleeper. We had a couple of rough sea nights and it was rocking and made doors and things in the cabin creek. It was very hot during the day to sit out there, no breeze. We did not experience any of the "trash" "soot" on the balcony or chairs that people talk about. I would book another aft, but DH says no so we have a mid ship balcony for our next cruise:)

Hope this helps.

Archived