The Bus or Trolley ~ for Honolulu transportation?

cruising forever

I tried the search feature and couldn't come up with what I was looking for, but I'll apologize in advance if this is already out there and I missed it...........

We're trying to decide which system to use....The Bus or Trolley............ we will only need it for one day, arriving by cruise ship..........and want to go to ........in no particular order...........Waikiki, Duke's, Jimmy Buffett's at The Beachcomber, Hard Rock Cafe, The Swap Meet at the Aloha Bowl, and possibly Diamond Head (prefer an option that drops you off at the crater due to DH's bad knees).

Can any of the locals or anyone who has done this make any recommendations on which system would work best for this plan?

We spent 3 days in Honolulu last time, so we've done most of the "touristy" things sans Diamond Head.

Depends on where you are starting from, but Aloha Stadium (Flea Market/Swap Meet) is in totally different direction from others. Also, don't think that the Trolley goes out to Aloha Stadium. You do have one ambitious day planned, and not sure you would want to spend the hour or so on the Bus to go to Aloha Stadium.

From Waikiki, take a #20 or a #42 bus (both will say Arizona Memorial, and maybe Aloha Stadium).

You can check further by going to http://www.TheBus.com

From the pier you can take any bus Eastbound that says Waikiki. There are several lines running along Ala Moana Blvd. If you want to go to Aloha Stadium, you will have to cross Ala Moana Blvd to catch the bus. But remember, if you are getting off the ship, you can't take luggage on The Bus, so you would have to store it at the pier and go back later to get it.

Sorry about the link!

Archived