Confirmed Dining Time

klfrodo

When is "Confirmed Dining" not confirmed?

Don't know the answer.

According to Carnivals web site we had requested and was confirmed as late dining.

Just now boarded the Valor only to find we have early dining. Met with the Maitre 'D only to find that we may not be able to change to late dining. We are on the wait list but won't know til tomorrow.

Not really a big deal. Just sharing that "confirmed" may not be "confirmed",

I really dont understand why there is such a problem with dining time on carnival. Confirming that they received your request is ridiculous - why do that when they can do what they want anyways - like you didnt put in a request.

I love carnival but HATE the fact that I cannot reserve a specific table size prior to cruising - let alone how slow they have been in switching over to anytime dining.

I will still love to cruise carnival but wish they would be more accomodating.

We had the same thing happen. Confirmed late dining only to have our Sign and Sail cards have table 777, which is open seating. We did switch to the late seating.

We ended up with a corner booth in the very back of the second floor of the Pride Normandy dining room. At first, we were unhappy about being shoved in the back alone, but ended up liking it. We made friends with the table across from us and it was much quieter than out in the open.

Did you deal with Roland or Pablo? I would go back and ask them to look again and to check larger table sizes if that is an option. I had the same ordeal onboard the Valor with "confirmed" late seating.

Our experience was this in dealing with Roland:

We approached him and expressed our dissapointment and desire to be changed. At first he said he could not do it that the late seating was full. When pushed farther Roland said he was only checking for Tables for 2. We again expressed our desire to be late seating and informed Roland we would prefer a larger table with other travelers. Finally after negotiating what I already had confirmed Roland placed us at a Table for 8 against the window in the aft of the ship.

I can also tell you the Late Seating had many empty tables and seats. I would push the issue harder if it is important to you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=979834&highlight=valor+review

Archived