Halifax.. To sail the Premier Tall Ship or Not

One of the excursions, through Holland America, is a 3 hour boat trip with lunch, beer tasting, and wine tasting. We are really interested in this trip. I do have a mild tendency towards seasickness. Anyone have any experience with this 3 masted schooner, The Silva? We need to make a decision soon so any help would be appreciated.

BJLM

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

Bjlm,

I have not been on the Silva but I saw on the Halifax tourism page (you have to load the PDF file of their brochure from the site) on page 104 there is a 2 for 1 coupon for Silva if you want to do it on your own :)

Thanks so much for your information. I will do just that!

:D Happier than I was a few minutes ago!

BJLM

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

unless you're a boat addict I'd take another tour. You'll see the same thing on the silva as on your cruise ship. Maybe the double decker bus tour of the city or the harbour hopper which shows the city and the harbour? that being said the Silva is a lovely boat and I love it.. but on a cruise ship I like to stay on land when in port :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Bjlm,

I have not been on the Silva but I saw on the Halifax tourism page (you have to load the PDF file of their brochure from the site) on page 104 there is a 2 for 1 coupon for Silva if you want to do it on your own :)

Do you have the URL for the Halfix tourism page? I found one but I don't see a downloadalbe PDF.

The Silva is a great tour - I would recommend it, but it also is dependent on the weather, so that should be taken into account.

Here's some a few good sites to go to.

http://www.halifaxinfo.com/

http://www.destinationhalifax.com/

There's lots to do here other than going on a sailboat. You can take tours, or just walk around the city and do some shopping, eating. Check out the Keith's Brewery for a tour of how Keith's beer is made, which includes a taste of Keith's beer in an old authentic bar. Good tour. And there's endless restaurants with all prices ranges with great food.

Tough decision for you. Whatever you decide. Enjoy.

Archived