bringing Wii on the ship

Can I ask why you want to bring a wii on the ship? Its more to carry on and when will you have time to use it?

Because they want to. They didn't ask for your opinion on why they should, just if they it can be hooked up. :rolleyes: Seriously, why do you care?

It is possible, but I would be concerned about the amount of room inside the staterooms to play depending upon what games you are playing.

Exactly...

I can't think of 1 Wii game I have, that I could safely play in a standard inside, OV or balcony cabin.

Best of luck to you though.

Bill

Yes. It is very easy on the newer style TVs, however with some of the older TVs you have to be quite nimble to get it to hook up. You also will need to bring your own AV cords.

Enjoy your cruise, your way!!!

Because they want to. They didn't ask for your opinion on why they should, just if they it can be hooked up. :rolleyes: Seriously, why do you care?

I Understand your point and for my 2 cents...I say...forget that garbage and just act as though your kids should be with you enjoying the ship, not in the cabin doing what they probably do too much of at home anyway!

Even when our children were young ( of course we didn't take them on cruises when they were too young to enjoy them) we always stayed away from the cabin as much as possible.....purposely do not get a balcony and just enjoy the seafaring experience!

And unless you are getting connecting or a large suite, I would think it would be too tight as well.

I Understand your point and for my 2 cents...I say...forget that garbage and just act as though your kids should be with you enjoying the ship, not in the cabin doing what they probably do too much of at home anyway!

Even when our children were young ( of course we didn't take them on cruises when they were too young to enjoy them) we always stayed away from the cabin as much as possible.....purposely do not get a balcony and just enjoy the seafaring experience!

And unless you are getting connecting or a large suite, I would think it would be too tight as well.

Why do you assume the Wii is for the OP's kids? The largest consumer and user of the Wii isn't children, it's actually adults in the 18-35 demographic, and the third largest is adults in the 35-50 demographic. Another shocker, the largest consumers and users of the Nintendo DS system are adult women.

Like I said, the OP didn't ask for an opinion on whether or not they should bring it, they asked if it could be hooked up.

Not everyone enjoys what you enjoy, and not everyone shares your views. There are a lot of people who own such things who do not get to use them on a regular basis and who think they might add to their enjoyment on vacation. You might not, but they might. Let me figure it out on their own without a lecture on how you raised your kids.

Why do you assume the Wii is for the OP's kids? The largest consumer and user of the Wii isn't children, it's actually adults in the 18-35 demographic, and the third largest is adults in the 35-50 demographic. Another shocker, the largest consumers and users of the Nintendo DS system are adult women.

Like I said, the OP didn't ask for an opinion on whether or not they should bring it, they asked if it could be hooked up.

Not everyone enjoys what you enjoy, and not everyone shares your views. There are a lot of people who own such things who do not get to use them on a regular basis and who think they might add to their enjoyment on vacation. You might not, but they might. Let me figure it out on their own without a lecture on how you raised your kids.

Sorry you are having a bad day........

Sorry you are having a bad day........

I'm not having a bad day. I just don't understand why there is this subset of people on this board who are so anti-TV/laptop/video games. It's not your vacation. Instead of giving a detailed of description of what *you* would do, why not answer the OPs question without offering a lecture on the perceived evils on TV, laptops, and video games?

I'm not having a bad day. I just don't understand why there is this subset of people on this board who are so anti-TV/laptop/video games. It's not your vacation. Instead of giving a detailed of description of what *you* would do, why not answer the OPs question without offering a lecture on the perceived evils on TV, laptops, and video games?

good points and as far as I am concerned....we purposely do not want what others covet so much. We like to not keep up with the Joneses.....and nights weekends etc are for studying/family time/ day trips/babysitting and the like.

I know it is working for us and I have seen the effects on families that are overly concerned with what others have and try to keep up. The latest technology is not a requirement for kids. A computer is and so is cable/fios tv as there are many educational as well as fun programs for them....I just get irked when parents feel the need to buy everything new for their kids asap. Doesn't matter what the age of the cruiser is btw, however, if it is an adult that want to play the games, well........

I am not spending anymore time on this issue, btw.

good points and as far as I am concerned....we purposely do not want what others covet so much. We like to not keep up with the Joneses.....and nights weekends etc are for studying/family time/ day trips/babysitting and the like.

I know it is working for us and I have seen the effects on families that are overly concerned with what others have and try to keep up. The latest technology is not a requirement for kids. A computer is and so is cable/fios tv as there are many educational as well as fun programs for them....I just get irked when parents feel the need to buy everything new for their kids asap. Doesn't matter what the age of the cruiser is btw, however, if it is an adult that want to play the games, well........

I am not spending anymore time on this issue, btw.

And again, what works for you doesn't work for everyone. While I'm certainly glad you've found something that works and you're willing to offer some useful tips, what you're offering here has nothing to do with what the OP asked.

No wonder so many American kids are over weight!!!!!

Too much time with playing and watching electronics.

However, I believe in to each his own. So play on.:)

Another one ... :rolleyes:

The OP mentioned nothing about kids being involved.

Most video games are aimed at the 18-35 demographic. Gamers are getting older. Get used to it.

I'm in the 50 and above category and LOVE Wii... bowling is addictive as much as real bowling and if you are doing the Wii fitness it would be nice to check in each day. I can see many reasons to bring one. I personally would not as I spend very little time in a cabin BUT I understand it.

It will work on every set I have seen including the older TV's, just plug into front av jacks. You can even buy Internet time and log on thru the Wii. Have a great trip and ignore the naysayers... what you do on your trip is RIGHT for you.

As for family night, the Wii is great for it.

My parents have 80 year old neighbors that invite them over for Wii bowling all the time, I think adults love it just as much as kids, maybe more.

OP, did you call a rep at Carnival and ask if this can be done? I sure they can give you the best answer.

To LemurCat, when do you plan to answer the OP's question instead of bashing those that are giving their insight! :rolleyes:

To answer the OP question . . . yes you can.

To LemurCat, when do you plan to answer the OP's question instead of bashing those that are giving their insight! :rolleyes:

The question was answered sufficiently by others in this thread .... incidentially before you posted.

Archived