Wearing the wedding dress at captain's dinner?

keetah

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if my English is not perfect, I am from Austria and English is not my first language.

I'm new into cruising, and my finace and I are getting married in New York City in September. 2 days after our wedding we start our honeymoon cruise on the Explorer Of The Seas.

I am not sure about the captain's dinner nights: Is it possible fpr me to wear my white, long, wedding dress then? It's a typical wedding dress, so everyone would notice this is a bride's dress. But since it is also possible to marry on that cruise, I thought 'maybe it is more common than one might think that sometimes women wear their wedding dress at captain's dinner?'.

What do you think? What were your experiences? Have you seen brides at captain's dinners? And if so, was this OK, or did they not fit in and look rather ridiculous?

Thank you so much for your help. I really hope to get some answers here, because I already wrote to Royal Caribbean, but got no answer.

Your English is much better than my German!

You may wear whatever you like. However, I feel you would look out of place, and you may want to consider the fact your dress may have gotten dirty and you won't have time to have it cleaned.

Edited by 6rugrats

Go ahead and wear it. You will never get the chance to again and it will make people happy to see a happy bride. Who cares that you got married just a couple of days before or there is a stain on it somewhere. As long as you feel beautiful and your husband is happy have fun.

I wore mine to formal night dinner on the day I got married, and I was not the only bride in a wedding dress at dinner that night! I think a lot of brides do wear their dress to formal dinner, particularly if you got married that day. However, if you are comfortable in it, feel free to wear it! The most you will get is lots of congratulations!

I was debating on wearing mine as well to dinner that is. We will be getting married at the 3rd port in our trip. I think it would be fine. When else will get to wear a pretty dress like that?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if my English is not perfect, I am from Austria and English is not my first language.

I'm new into cruising, and my finace and I are getting married in New York City in September. 2 days after our wedding we start our honeymoon cruise on the Explorer Of The Seas.

I am not sure about the captain's dinner nights: Is it possible fpr me to wear my white, long, wedding dress then? It's a typical wedding dress, so everyone would notice this is a bride's dress. But since it is also possible to marry on that cruise, I thought 'maybe it is more common than one might think that sometimes women wear their wedding dress at captain's dinner?'.

What do you think? What were your experiences? Have you seen brides at captain's dinners? And if so, was this OK, or did they not fit in and look rather ridiculous?

Thank you so much for your help. I really hope to get some answers here, because I already wrote to Royal Caribbean, but got no answer.

I just got back from the carnival conquest Sunday and at the captain's gala there was a lady wearing her wedding dress. It was the full on fluffy big kind too so go for it if you want to.

• 4 years later...

I got married on embarkation day and wore my dress to the muster drill (HOT!!!) and dinner. I didn't feel out of place, but I DID get a lot of congratulations and drinks bought for me and my husband ;) I say go for it!!

My fiancé and I are getting married 11/8/2014 and set sail on the Carnival Dream the next day, we're doing going to the Justice of the Peace and I'm wearing an ivory short dress and I'm changing into something else for our celebration luncheon. I believe our formal nite is the second nite so I'll be wearing my dress as well and in actuality it's a bridesmaid dress but I liked the style of it and just ordered it in ivory....glad to know I wasn't the only one wanting to do this. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app