Outdoor lounge areas on Journey

LWOTY

Hello all!

One of my favorite things to do on my HAL Alaskan cruise was sit on the outdoor lounge chairs that were on Deck 3. It reminded me of the last scene in the Humphrey Bogart / Audrey Hepburn movie, "Sabrina". See photo of what I am talking about: http://gallery.me.com/lwoty#100082

Are there outdoor lounge areas on the Journey besides in the pool area?

I will have a cabin with a balcony but I suspect it is a table and chairs set up.

Cheers,

Laura

Hello all!

One of my favorite things to do on my HAL Alaskan cruise was sit on the outdoor lounge chairs that were on Deck 3. It reminded me of the last scene in the Humphrey Bogart / Audrey Hepburn movie, "Sabrina". See photo of what I am talking about: http://gallery.me.com/lwoty#100082

Are there outdoor lounge areas on the Journey besides in the pool area?

I will have a cabin with a balcony but I suspect it is a table and chairs set up.

Cheers,

Laura

As I recall there are some lounge chairs on deck 5. I do not know if that's a permanent arrangement or if it was just true for our most recent, but they were there. You should be aware that those would be in a non-smoking area if that's a concern.

Are there any places to walk/stroll around the ship that are outside, not near the pool? Is there any place to, you know, lean against the railing and enjoy the fresh air and scenery?

I am concerned that the only outdoor public area is the pool area.

Thanks,

Laura

I have not sailed azamara yet, but all of its sister ships on the other lines do have promenade decks with railings where you can stroll outside, so unless they managed to seal the area off, you will have a promenade deck. Hopefully somebody else can supply the information about chairs.

Are there any places to walk/stroll around the ship that are outside, not near the pool? Is there any place to, you know, lean against the railing and enjoy the fresh air and scenery?

I am concerned that the only outdoor public area is the pool area.

Thanks,

Laura

Above the pool area is the walking track (deck 10)where you can lean on the railing and watch the world go by.

Also on deck 5 under the life boats there is a walking area , does not go all the way round the ship just a short section & deck 11 also has viewing area

They are the same ships R ships Princess, Azamara & Oceania

My wife and I were on the Journey in Feb, you have a few options for that outdoor feeling.

1. The Deck just above the swiming pool has a walk around.

2. The Deck where the Buffet is served has an outdoor area (aft) and one can use this area all day and evening, of course during Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, you will have to compete w/the eating Guests. We always found this a nice area to visit while in Port, and enjoy a Beverage or two of our choice. There are about a dozen tables located here, with 6 or 8 of them right up against the railing.

3. Your Balcony is big enough to enjoy as well, some ports of call will favor the Port side for views while otherer will favor the Starboaord side.

I do belive you will enjoy your cruise on the Journey, we spent 12 wonderful days, we have rebooked two trips in the future with Azamara, If you have any other questions I can help you with let me know.

"Mitch"

Thanks Mitch, I'm sure I'll have a good time. I just REALLY enjoyed strolling around the outside deck on HAL's Volendam away from the pool and away from food. Picture Debra Kerr walking around the ship in "An Affair to Remember".

I'm thrilled to hear you and your wife enjoyed Azamara so much. I'm looking forward to my Journey cruise to the Western Med in September.

Cheers,

Laura

Thanks Mitch, I'm sure I'll have a good time. I just REALLY enjoyed strolling around the outside deck on HAL's Volendam away from the pool and away from food. Picture Debra Kerr walking around the ship in "An Affair to Remember".

I understand. I love the promenade deck on HAL's ships, especially the ones built before the Vista Class. You can stroll, you can pause to sit in a comfortable lounger, etc. I wish new ships incorporated this feature as well as those ships do.

Archived