transportation from seward to anchorage

janines

I just read a message from someone that took the bus from alaskatransportation.net. I was told on trip advisor this group was not reliable and had bad BBB listings.

I tried to connect with Magic bus online with no luck.

I am considering taking Stageline bus that goes to Homer first from Anchorage then picks up in Seward at 2:30 pm.

Please reply with suggestions and advice.

thanks,

janines

I just read a message from someone that took the bus from alaskatransportation.net. I was told on trip advisor this group was not reliable and had bad BBB listings.

I tried to connect with Magic bus online with no luck.

I am considering taking Stageline bus that goes to Homer first from Anchorage then picks up in Seward at 2:30 pm.

Please reply with suggestions and advice.

thanks,

janines

The Homer Stage has always been a reliable means of transportation from Anchorage to Homer/Seward, etc and reverse. We have a summer place in Homer with a car there. DH has taken the Homer Stage on a fairly regular basis from Anchorage to Homer to get the car. He just used it two weeks ago to both get to Homer and return to ANC. We have never had a problem.

One reason it is not recommended much on these boards is the departure time from Seward. Most people either leave in the morning, right after debarkation or leave late afternoon/early evening after a day of sightseeing or Kenai Fjords cruise.

You will be fine on the Homer Stage. Enjoy your trip.

We booked thru Salmonberry tours and they were EXCELLENT!!

They picked us up at the ship ... first we went to Kenai Fjords national park and took a short 20 minute walk to Exit glacier ... then we went to the wildlife conservation center ... then to Mount Alyeska to take a tram ride to the top of the mountain for lunch .... then took a tour around anchorage before getting dropped of at the airport (they even offered to hold our luggage and let us shop and eat in downtown and bring us back to the airport later if we wanted)

They do this tour in both directions for people that are going to or from Anchorage and they will customize it according to your time schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked flights via freq flyer miles so I don't have transportation via RCI. Does RCI allow you to book any transportation to the airport if you don't have a flight booked through them? I don't know how to get from Seward to ANC now.

Archived