How much would you pay for...

I'm curious what kind of answers I'll get to this question.

How much would you pay for...

... a junior suite on a 7 night Rhapsody sailing on January 9, 2005? If it makes a difference... cabin # 8094 on the stern w/ a monster 10 x 15 balcony. Cruise stops in Key West, Cozumel and Georgetown. Include taxes, fees, etc.

Just curious what kind of answers I'll get. I'm sure it could vary from person to person... and that'll be part of the fun of seeing the answers that come from this question.

p.s. I'll share the "real" answer later. Until then...

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Travel, fares will obviously vary from week to week. When I started looking last summer, my top dollar was $999 for a seven dayer in a JS. We have a back to back cruise planned in May and I was not going to cruise in 2004 for that reason but just got the bug and started looking for a really good deal. Sure enough, I found a JS on the Rhapsody for $864 (including port charges and taxes) but not including insurance for the week of December 5-12, 2004. That was a deal for us especially since we could drive to the port! Think anything under $1000 for a JS on a seven day cruise is a good price especially if you find it on a newer ship! Obviously prices during hurricane season will be significantly lower.

As a side note, so far, RCI does not differenciate the price of a JS on the side vs a stern cabin with those wonderful balconies.

Archived