Dessert Question

snl

I know everyone talks about how great the Chocolate Melting Cake but my favorite is the Bitter and Blanc. That is the white/dark chocolate bread pudding. I swear just the thought makes my mouth water:p.

They dont offer that every night on the menu. Would it be possible to request having for dessert nightly?

Carnival Destiny...July 09

Carnival Splendor...Dec 08

NCL Sky...Aug 08

RCCL Liberty OS...Dec 07

Crown Princess...Dec 06

Carnival Liberty...Dec 05

RCCL Mariner OS...Dec 04

RCCL Radiance OS...Dec 03

Carnival Imagination...Dec 02

Get to know your head waiter really well the first night and beg him to help you out by bringing it every night. When I was prego's I had a strong craving for pineapple on one of the cruises and DH explained the situation to the head waiter and he made sure I had a plate of pineapple every night for dinner. It was so thoughtful of him.

I have also heard of giving the head waiter some money up front to try and make it happen, I have never tried this though so don't know if it would work.

• 3 weeks later...

for hundreds of servings. ie: the WCMC one is for 500. Since the old dayz are gone, I"m doubtn pretty seriously that the "sweet chef" will be makin a really small batch every day..but..you might ask if after the night it is served, that your waiter could put aside 2 or 3 more..but then put it where? JMTCW

I also found this to be true. I still ate it though.:D

Me too! I read all of the great comments on here , but found it disappointing. Maybe it was just an off night. I'll have to try it again.

Eat anything for 7 nights in a row and it will no longer be your favorite. Don't ask how I know this. (count chocula)

LOL...

I ate 3 boxes of Apple Jacks when I was a kid to get a dolly and some clothes. Then my mother made me eat another 3 boxes so my sister (who didn't like it) could have a dolly too. Never touched 'em since.

And I agree--as much as I love choco melting cake and bitter 'n blanc, I don't have them every night so I still always love them.

I was *just* thinking about the Bitter & Blanc! :D I've never had it before. I was looking at the menu for my cruise and realized it is going to be served the night we're in Acapulco and we're planning on eating in town.

Any way to get it later in the night when we return to the ship? Or.... :confused:

And ate it several times, I MUCH preferred the chocolate cake from room service. Call me strange..... We had at least one slice to share every night before bed. Sometimes we each got one. Once we got THREE!!

The Bitter 'n Blanc was excellent -- I ate 2 the only night I was aware they were serving it. We didn't eat in the formal dining room that night, but they DO have some down in the buffet also of some of the desserts they are serving @ dinner.

I also liked the Tiramisu. But the Choc. cake was our fav!

Archived