La Quinta - East Review...Kinda, sorta...

afcj1

There's been a couple of different La Quinta - East threads lately, but since I work with someone that just stayed there, 1 night pre-cruise, I wanted to give his feedback.

1) Regarding the discount codes: I had given him USTBLE, which he used and got a good rate. Nobody asked him for an ID for the discount on the room - though, he paid in advance on-line. Maybe that's the trick:D

2) He confirmed that the room was fine, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, he felt that the area was not optimal for walking around. He's a 30's something guy, with his wife and a 9yo. The running joke was the dirty book store a few doors down.

3) The staff was pleasant

4) The LQ shuttle from the airport was a disaster:eek: They waited 45 min and when the shuttle stopped by, it was full. The shuttle driver said to catch a cab and La Quinta would pay for it, but they rented a car instead. They weren't going to, but didn't want to be at the mercy of a busy shuttle. There were also 6 of them, so it was easier at the end.

They went to SoBe to enjoy the day and had a blast on the beach. Since they had the car they didn't use the hotel shuttle.

All in all, he said he'd stay there again because of the great price and it was clean.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your report. Wer had a similar experience except the front desk clerk WAS asking for and checking cards for folks who had used some form of discount code. We had used the AARP code and had to show our card which we had with us. The folks in front of us were not so fortunate. Not sure what code they had used, but when asked for a card they did not have one and I heard the clerk say, "Sorry, you will have to pay the rack room rate for tonight..." They did not look pleased:o, but I have no further details or know how everything turned out for them.

As far as the area the hotel is located in, it is right next door to the Embassy Suites and a couple other area hotels, like Red Roof Inn. Not much within short walking distance - or should I say there probably are stores a lot closer, but there is a major four lane highway and no way to get across it as a pedestrian. You can walk quite easily over to the Embassy Suites and they have a couple restaurants there.

• 3 months later...

Any new reviews of the La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East. I will be landing @ 9:30 PM and just looking for somewhere to sleep with a shuttle. I already know that 11 PM is the last airport shuttle and they have 10-11-12 shuttle to the port that could be kinda backed up.

Was the hotel/rooms Clean?

Did you feel sale?

Any new reviews of the La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East. I will be landing @ 9:30 PM and just looking for somewhere to sleep with a shuttle. I already know that 11 PM is the last airport shuttle and they have 10-11-12 shuttle to the port that could be kinda backed up.

Was the hotel/rooms Clean?

Did you feel sale?

Not the nicest place or safest location. The "Blue Lagoon" area hotels on the south side of the airport are nicer and much safer.

Not the nicest place or safest location. The "Blue Lagoon" area hotels on the south side of the airport are nicer and much safer.

Thanks for the reply

After reading the hotel reviews. I re-booked to the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon hotel. It was about $10 more but looks like a better neighborhood and some stores near-buy so we can get some supply's.

Thanks for the reply

After reading the hotel reviews. I re-booked to the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon hotel. It was about $10 more but looks like a better neighborhood and some stores near-buy so we can get some supply's.

Blue Lagoon is a much nicer, safer location, and that Hampton Inn is a very nice hotel... There are also several restaurants, Publix grocery, Walgreens, and CVS all right across the street that you can safely walk to.

Our personal experience at the La Quinta East late last April was that our room was large and clean with a king-sized bed, microwave, and coffee maker, the breakfast bar plentiful, and the shuttle to the port and then back from the airport after our flight home from our transatlantic cruise worked perfectly for us. also we were able to park there for the two weeks absolutely free and there are cameras in the parking lot. We will be staying there again in early December before our Panama Canal full transit. :)

We just stayed there in Sept. we had a block of 16 rooms. Everyones rooms were clean and comfortable. The kids used the pool and loved it. We all with the expection of one person left our cars there for the week. We had no problems.

Since we had 65 people in the group we took two shuttles there and back no problems.

We are booked there for Oct. we sail in 9 days!!!!

• 1 month later...

I also used the La Quinta East, free overnight parking for our 7 day cruise + free shuttle to the port. I have a fairly new car and there was no damage or issues. The room was fine for an overnight stay. If I were staying in town for a more than one night, I would want to stay somewhere else, but for one night you can't beat the price. Just realize this a 2 star hotel, maybe 2.5, so don't expect anything grand. When we left the port there were several shuttles that would take you back to the hotel; $10/pp was the going rate. If I leave from Miami again, I will be returning here.

Archived