Just Booked on the Enchantment! Any Tips?

snorkeling in Belize (I hear it is some of the best snorkeling in the Carribean)

I have only one data point to report on, but when we did snorkeling in Belize we hated it. They took us to this little island that was so crowded that we were literally shoulder to shoulder, and the actual snorkel experience was ruined by their demands that we form a line behind a "tour guide" and follow the leader.

Hopefully, your snorkel will be with a different provider to a different place.

Yes, and they will make you wear them, they are the type that you can blow into yourself so you can either add air into them to float or take the air out of them yourself so you can swim down deeper if you like.

Jimbo:)

Brilliant! Thanks for the info...now I can try to persuade her!

I have only one data point to report on, but when we did snorkeling in Belize we hated it. They took us to this little island that was so crowded that we were literally shoulder to shoulder, and the actual snorkel experience was ruined by their demands that we form a line behind a "tour guide" and follow the leader.

Hopefully, your snorkel will be with a different provider to a different place.

Which snorkeling tour did you take in belize? There are 2 listed by RC on the web site

Been on Enchantment once before, and going again in 2010. Favorite Ship! It is just small enough the "Every Body Knows Your Name" All over the ship you are recognized and greeted. They boasted that they were the "Most Friendliest Ship in the Fleet" Don't know how true that is, but they sure tried to prove it.

Key west: We walked all the way down to the most Southern Point, stopping at the Southern White House and Hemingway's Home along the way.

On the way back, we walked all the way back up Duvall St., stopping at different shops, and ending up at Sloppy Joe's. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys! We went cave tubing and zip lining in Belize! It was fabulous!!!! If you like snorkeling, try Eagleray divers in cozumel. We have snorkeled with them many times, and usually wind up with only a few people on the boat versus, the cruise line tours filled to capacity!

Have fun!

Archived