Pre-cruise question

teachnh

My husband and I are looking to drive to Key West for two nights before our October cruise. We could only get help with the kids for two nights so we are looking for a B & B stay on a Saturday and Sunday night. Are there B & B's that will take that as the two night minimum? It is the first weekend in October while I would have loved to get there for Friday it just wasn't possible schedule wise. What B & B would you recommend?

We will be driving back to Miami Monday morning for our cruise? What is driving to Miami like on a Monday? How much time should we allow? On the way down on Sat. we will take our time and go through Card Sound Rd but on that Monday we will be looking to just get back to the port.

Thanks!

We will be driving back to Miami Monday morning for our cruise? What is driving to Miami like on a Monday? How much time should we allow? On the way down on Sat. we will take our time and go through Card Sound Rd but on that Monday we will be looking to just get back to the port.

Thanks!

I drove from Miami airport to Key West last Thursday. It took 4 hours and that was including a stop in Islamorada for lunch. My Sunday drive home from Key West back to MIA was 3 hours and a few minutes. It was smooth riding both ways. I would allow at least 4 hours travel time - which should be enough lead in case there is construction, an accident, etc.

I have stayed several times at the Island City House. It is a little bigger than most of the b&b's but still quaint and quiet. Good location too. It's a little pricey but I really liked it and don't think they have restrictions on minimum stays.

Archived