FRIDGES in CABINS

Yes............we had one in our cabin a couple of weeks ago. I'd be lying if I told you it kept things very cold. To be precise.........it was mini bar fridge loaded with drinks you can purchase but you can put your own things in there as well. Enjoy Freedom.........great ship.

If you want to put your own stuff in the "dorm fridge", ask the room attendant to remove their stuff---they are responsible for the things and for charging you for them.

But be aware that they might not do it. On AoS my room attendant refused to remove the items from the fridge and would only shift things around to make room for my items. :(

But be aware that they might not do it. On AoS my room attendant refused to remove the items from the fridge and would only shift things around to make room for my items. :(

That's because they wanted to keep the hope alive that a hungry child would open the frig in the middle of the night and eat those $4 candy bars and drinks, so they could charge you for each and every one. :D

My kids get a huge talking to about the contents of that frig.

There are "fridges" on the Freedom, as well as all of the other RCCL ships I've been on. However, as other folks have said, they are basically coolers for the mini-bar items. In my opinion, they are not cold enough to put food in. We always pack a collapsible cooler in our luggage and use it for left-overs from Portofino's, etc. No one wants food poisoning on their cruise!:eek:

If they won't remove them, can you remove them and put leave them in the room outside of the fridge without them charging you? :confused:

If they won't remove them, can you remove them and put leave them in the room outside of the fridge without them charging you? :confused:

I would just make sure that you cabin attendant knows what you have done so that they don't go back and refill it.

Ours on the Voyager was no only NOT cold it didn't even work. Our cabin guy borrowed a good sided portable cooler from another cabin attendant for us to use. The attendant made sure he put more of the cokes that we brought with us in it and filled it with ice twice a day.

On the Freedom last week, we took out all the canned drinks that were already there and set them next to the fridge (but still inside the cabinet so they wouldn't roll away). There was plenty of room left for my 8 pack of Pepsi.

Renee

Archived