Carnival Splendor Balcony Questions

DudeLX

First time cruising, going in August on the Splendor Mexican cruise.

I'm currently booked on the Panaroma deck with a balcony room, is that a good deck? I'm really confused about decks and not sure what difference it makes. Also want to make sure that this deck is not above another deck, for example looking over the balcony to water or another deck of people below? I read someone's blog where he complained right below him was another deck where people could look right up into his balcony, I want to avoid this.

Do I need insurance? If so which one and what do I need covered? The web site I am using charges $158 but then I saw someone suggest AccessAmerican which just charges $31.

Thanks!

First time cruising, going in August on the Splendor Mexican cruise.

I'm currently booked on the Panaroma deck with a balcony room, is that a good deck? I'm really confused about decks and not sure what difference it makes. Also want to make sure that this deck is not above another deck, for example looking over the balcony to water or another deck of people below? I read someone's blog where he complained right below him was another deck where people could look right up into his balcony, I want to avoid this.

Do I need insurance? If so which one and what do I need covered? The web site I am using charges $158 but then I saw someone suggest AccessAmerican which just charges $31.

Thanks!

If you're not in an aft balcony then the people above and below will not be able to look into your balcony, but of course the people next to you can just lean around the partition if they want to, none are completely private. We pick our cabins depending on what is above and below, the Panorama deck will have the Lido deck above so you'll want to avoid being directly under any place that may be loud, bars, hard floors or decks where they move alot of chairs/loungers around, etc. We try to pick a deck with cabins above and below.

It's a personal decision about insurance, we always get it, mostly for the extra medical coverage should something happen, but some people don't buy it and take the risk. We can afford to eat the price of the cruise if we had to, but sometimes medical evacuation and care in a foreign country can be tens of thousands of dollars. Make sure to read the fine print, some insurances have only minimal coverage, we usually get TravelGuard.

Thanks, but what is an aft balcony and how do you find out if this is one of them? I don't mind the partition at all, I just didn't want to look over and see a deck. I really can't tell from looking at the deck plans, and I can't find any high quality images of the Splendor's exterior to get an idea where our stateroom is. On the photo I saw, it shows the deck right above Lido.

Thanks, but what is an aft balcony and how do you find out if this is one of them? I don't mind the partition at all, I just didn't want to look over and see a deck. I really can't tell from looking at the deck plans, and I can't find any high quality images of the Splendor's exterior to get an idea where our stateroom is. On the photo I saw, it shows the deck right above Lido.

An aft balcony is one at the aft (back) of the ship and parts of each of the decks can be seen because of the angle of the aft of the ship. The sides of the ship are completely straight up and down, so no one will be able to see our balcony from above and below. The panorama deck is above cabins on the Lido, but is also below the SPA which probably doesn't cause much noise and they're not open at night anyway. You will be able to look straight down to the water, but it's a LONG way down from the panorama deck! click on the Splendor for some good pics : http://www.shipcafe.net/

Sounds cool, thanks much. Awesome site, btw here's what I was referring to, where the balcony would be above a deck like this. So that's good it won't be.

cclsp_41.jpg

The Splendor doesn't have cabins that are above decks like this. This would be public decks above, not cabins.

Sounds cool, thanks much. Awesome site, btw here's what I was referring to, where the balcony would be above a deck like this. So that's good it won't be.

cclsp_41.jpg

The balconies would be over the rail to the right in this photo.

The handrail/walkway above the blue deck to the left houses mechanical equipment.

The Splendor doesn't have cabins that are above decks like this. This would be public decks above, not cabins.

The balconies would be over the rail to the right in this photo.

The handrail/walkway above the blue deck to the left houses mechanical equipment.

Awesome thx. I was totally stressing out about having a balcony over a public deck, so thx again lol

Archived