Wheelchair hire Southampton

kruzseeka

We have relatives sailing P&O from Southampton in August. They have insufficient space to carry a wheelchair in their car and so far searches on the Internet have not thrown up any suitable providers - the only likely one is open only from Monday to Friday which doesn't fit in with the Sunday to Sunday departure/return.

Has anyone any suggestions or has experience of hiring a wheelchair in Southampton? Thanks in anticipation.

Hmm..

I'm assuming you're referring to the City Shopmobility team in Castle Way? There's one site they have saying they are open on Saturday, then I find another site, featuring West Quay Shopmobility.

http://www.southamptonvs.org.uk/shopmob.htm

Have you tried calling them and explaining your situation, you might be surprised at their response, but other than that, I'm surprised there's no real service for hiring a wheelchair.

I'll keep looking, probably be going into town next week so will pop in and check.

Scrozuk

Hmm..

I'm assuming you're referring to the City Shopmobility team in Castle Way? There's one site they have saying they are open on Saturday, then I find another site, featuring West Quay Shopmobility.

http://www.southamptonvs.org.uk/shopmob.htm

Have you tried calling them and explaining your situation, you might be surprised at their response, but other than that, I'm surprised there's no real service for hiring a wheelchair.

I'll keep looking, probably be going into town next week so will pop in and check.

Scrozuk

Thanks for that - I really appreciate it. I'll follow up that link but any additional info you can find would be really welcome. Thanks again! :)

We have relatives sailing P&O from Southampton in August. They have insufficient space to carry a wheelchair in their car and so far searches on the Internet have not thrown up any suitable providers - the only likely one is open only from Monday to Friday which doesn't fit in with the Sunday to Sunday departure/return.

Has anyone any suggestions or has experience of hiring a wheelchair in Southampton? Thanks in anticipation.

Contact P&O, they have the name and address of a hire firm which they have worked with.

They gave it out when they imposed restrictions on Scooters.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Contact P&O, they have the name and address of a hire firm which they have worked with.

They gave it out when they imposed restrictions on Scooters.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Thanks - will do! :)

Archived