My Valor Pictures posted 12/15-12/17

gymbrat33

thanks for the pictures. Ship looks very nice and you appear to have had a fine time, despite the cooler temps referred to on the other valor thread. Looks like a bit too much patriotism/flag decor for me~~~not that I am not proud to be American, which I am, but I think I might prefer a different decor IMHO. But before anyone comments~~~ I know, I know, it is named the Valor ;) so I guess they're right in line with the theme and the name. :D

Nice pics. Beautiful ship. Did the sports bar have a lot of NY Yankee memorabelia?

I wish I was cruising right now. My dad is just coming back from a cruise tomorrow and my mom is cruising over New Years on the Legend.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I do not care for the decor and as somebody else posted here prior to mine, the american theme is nice but it is way too much....just my opinion think I will choose the Glory or the Victory.

Looks like a bit too much patriotism/flag decor for me~~~not that I am not proud to be American, which I am, but I think I might prefer a different decor IMHO. But before anyone comments~~~ I know, I know, it is named the Valor ;) so I guess they're right in line with the theme and the name. :D

The US flag theme on the ship isn't really the in-your-face variety. I was worried that I would be offended by too much American flag-o-philia. *lol* which I also can't stand. The flag theme is just hinted at. There aren't American flags plastered all over everything. It's very clever and tasteful the way they've done it. There are also themes of valor other than American - for instance, Winton's (ChurchillJ) Cigar Bar.

Good Morning everyone. I know I have to get my own coke and a smile until Jan. 5, but that's ok, we just going to miss p3. :) Randy, it is good to see the pictures and reviews are finally starting to roll in on the Valor. It has been wierd that CCL has kept this ship so totally undercover. Heck, with the Miracle, we had pics from the time that thing was being built in Helsinki with snow on the decks, and in the pools. :eek: We saw pictures of the inside of the ship. Not the Valor, oh no! CCL had blocked that ship but good! Serves us right for trying to peep their project in advance. :D

Good Morning everyone. I know I have to get my own coke and a smile until Jan. 5, but that's ok, we just going to miss p3. :) Randy, it is good to see the pictures and reviews are finally starting to roll in on the Valor. It has been wierd that CCL has kept this ship so totally undercover. Heck, with the Miracle, we had pics from the time that thing was being built in Helsinki with snow on the decks, and in the pools. :eek: We saw pictures of the inside of the ship. Not the Valor, oh no! CCL had blocked that ship but good! Serves us right for trying to peep their project in advance. :D

On the Miracle the only reason that we saw photos of that ship so early is due to the fact that a local resident of Helsinki was able to go on board and take photos of her. He posted them on another cruise site and then they started making their rounds to the other sites such as this one. For some reason Carnival does not like to toot their own horn when a new ship comes out like some of the other lines. Not sure why.

Gymbrat, I got to see them earlier this morning. I tried to show my husband and the hits are maxed out for the day already. Your photos are quite popular!

The decor seems a little over the top to me. I thought Carnival was going to tone things down a little. Did you think things were a little gawdy? I book for the ports anyway. I guess I was just hoping the ship would be a little more "royal caribbean-ish". Please...no flames!:)

Glad you and your group from roll call had a great time and thank you for the quick review and photos!

Archived