Carnival Legend Review June 6th-14th

peaece13

Thanks so much for the great review!! Loved the pics and the details. We will be on the Legend in 30 days. Formal nights were first sea day and then Roatan correct?

Yes, those were the formal nights...although my husband wore a tux the first night but did not the second because he felt too overdressed. Not everyone dressed formal and people were not as dressed up as we remembered from our cruise on the glory.

About Bannister Island: I noticed the sign about pointy edges in the sand. Did you find it uncomfortable to walk on? There appears not to be much shade. Did you find the heat unbearable on the beach (not in the water)? Did you think four hours was too long to be there due to the blazing sun and high drink/food prices? Would you go there again?

I was able to walk around for a little bit without my shoes and it really wansn't too bad. I did find the sand getting a little hot at one point. There is a big bar area that you can sit under for shade and another little hut that has some hammicks in it. There is also a kitchen area that serves food and they have tables with umbrellas under them. 4 hours was a bit long for us because we do not like to just sit there the whole time. Were weren't miserable though, just kinda wanted to get back to be able to go to the mainland. I will post some more pictures of the island soon.

I do need to say that we were the very first boat of people to arrive at the island. There were 100 of us on the boat and more people continued to come to the island after us. It never seemed too crowded, but we did have first pick of where we wanted to sit. The pictures were taken when it was just our boat on the island.

Thanks for the enjoyable review. I am looking forward to our Legend cruise.

I never thought of ordering BLT for breakfast. I would assume then you could also just order bacon. Sounds like you both are burger lovers, surprised you didn't have one for breakfast! My son would love that!

Thanks for the enjoyable review. I am looking forward to our Legend cruise.

I never thought of ordering BLT for breakfast. I would assume then you could also just order bacon. Sounds like you both are burger lovers, surprised you didn't have one for breakfast! My son would love that!

The BLT's were really good...We do like burgers...and steaks. I don't know about just ordering bacon, but is seems like you could try it. I can't believe our vacation is over already.

It really was a nice ship!

Thanks for the nice review, we enjoyed it - we will be sailing on 9/13. Could you tell us about the drink card and funship certificate. The drink card - is that sodas, or can you buy wine cards? What is a funship certificate?

Thanks for the nice review, we enjoyed it - we will be sailing on 9/13. Could you tell us about the drink card and funship certificate. The drink card - is that sodas, or can you buy wine cards? What is a funship certificate?

The drink card is for soda and we purchased this as soon as we got on the ship. However, if you wait until the ship sails you can avoid sales tax. I think with tax and gratuity is was 49 dollars for the week. However, on this ship they did have a Drink of the Day card and you could purchase this and get 5 drinks of the day with one being in the souviner glass and the others you use the glass and they refill it. I am not sure how much this one was because I don't really like any of their Drink of the Day specials. They also had a wine package that you could purchase that would give you 5 coupons and you get to choose from the list of wines on the back of the coupon and you can get them in the main dinning room and I believe at other bars as well. We discovered that if you get a bottle of wine with dinner and don't finish it they will store it for you until the next night. I cannot remember the price or the wines, but they had a basic wine package and then a premium wine package that was more. I think they have this price and the wines included on carnival's website and I know it has been posted here before.

The funship certificate was a gift certificate that a friend purchased for us and we put it on our Sail and sign account. The certificate says to mail it certified mail, but we just took it to the guest services desk and they applied it without any problems.

Hope I helped some!

Archived