European Deck?

VABeach

I don't want to sound weird or anything, but do RCCL ships have European Decks (Upper Decks). I just want to be prepared for any areas that I might want to "aviod".:o

I'm specifically currious about the Grandeur class.

Greetings VAB,

Please explain what you mean by "Europian Decks". All ships have "Upper decks". Are you refering to decks that have topless sunbathing? If that is what you mean, I have never seen topless sunbathing on any of the 12 RCCl cruises we have been on which includes Grandeur. mems

That's what I meant!;) Carnival has a European Deck on the upper deck by the smoke stack on all of their ships. I never go there, but this will be my parent's first cruise and I wanted to be able to warn them.;) Thanks!!:)

VAB,

Rest assured.... but not to say it hasn't happned. We have never seen topless sunbathing on any of the RCCL ships we have been on. Altho, we did see some on Carnival. What cruise are you going on? mems

I don't want to sound weird or anything, but do RCCL ships have European Decks (Upper Decks). I just want to be prepared for any areas that I might want to "aviod".:o

I'm specifically currious about the Grandeur class.

That is when me and my wife will be on them,

I smiled to myself when I was reading this thread.

Since we are Swedes I was suprised to see this , Is it a common belief that Europeas always do topless sunbathing ?

You guys dont have to worry my DW does not go topless (Even though she have the body for it.)

I do not mean to offend anyone, just curious......

Sorry for bad spelling.

Regards // MrZ

I can't remember where I read it, (I think in the ship info book in the cabin) but I was just on the Empress and the info page said that topless sunbathing was only allowed on European cruises (not Caribbean, not Alaska, not Mexico). However, I was up on the top deck on Thursday and there was a woman all the way at the front of the ship with no top on. :eek: I have no idea how long she'd been there or if any member of the crew ever made her cover up, but it was definitely forbidden according to what I read.

I can't remember where I read it, (I think in the ship info book in the cabin) but I was just on the Empress and the info page said that topless sunbathing was only allowed on European cruises (not Caribbean, not Alaska, not Mexico). However, I was up on the top deck on Thursday and there was a woman all the way at the front of the ship with no top on. :eek: I have no idea how long she'd been there or if any member of the crew ever made her cover up, but it was definitely forbidden according to what I read.

We've seen it from Cape Cod to Fort Lauderdale to Antigua to many cruise ships we've been on. It doesn't bother us and we're pretty conservative folks. :)

There was one European woman on the Song of America, however, who either lacked good taste or common sense. She came to the regular pool deck fully clothed, stripped naked and then proceeded to put on her bathing suit. Not that it makes any difference but she was definitely not somebody anybody would want to see nude. Somebody must have said something to her as she only was seen the first two days of the cruise.

Not that it makes any difference but she was definitely not somebody anybody would want to see nude.

Actually, it makes a difference to me! For two reasons:

* The more attractive she is, the less likely it is that I'll complain to a member of a crew :o

* The more attractive she is, the more likely I am to be wearing my wife's handprint on my face if I so much as glance in her general direction! :eek:

Dave

Archived