Vision Class - Splendor Cabin#7126

Harlow2

We are getting ready to book cabin #7126 on the Spendor of the Seas which is a back corner aft cabin. Has anyone booked this cabin or one like it before? We loved the back corner aft on the Mariner. Just wanted some feedback on this particular cabin on this class of ship. Does anyone have any other Cat D1 cabins that they prefer on the Vision class ships? Thank you for your imput!

The corner balcony on Splendour is actually smaller than the ones in the middle. The balconies get bigger as you move toward the center. We had the corner aft on Adventure and enjoyed that, as you did the Mariner. I would advise moving to the middle. We had 7128 on the Splendour. Here are some pictures (I hope):

http://community.webshots.com/album/196534546CXYAIt

Dobie - Thank you for sharing your pictures. We were thinking of the corner aft as to somewhat get a portside and back view, but it looks like from your pictures that you can't really get a side view on SOS. I will ask our TA if any of the middle afts are available. Thanks again for the info & pics!

You are very welcome. We were on the Vision in Oct and booked for next Oct. The future cruise gal told us that the corner aft wrap around was available. I didn't really believe her because of our experience on the Splendour and Adventure, so I went up to check it out. The cabin steward assured me that the corner aft was the way to go on the Vision, it really does wrap around. When I went up another day the folks in that cabin let me look at it, and it does indeed wrap around, so I booked it (don't tell my husband, he thinks we are in an outside on deck 2). Just goes to show, you really can't tell from the deck plans....our corner on Adventure was awesome!!!

Dobie,

We will be booking our next cruise when we sail on the Briliance in January. We had a D1 on the Starboard side on the Splendour for our Panama Canal cruise. We have an aft on the Brilliance and will see if we like this type of cabin. DH thinks the view will be horrible.....hope not, as I talked him into this type of cabin.

The cruise we are booking will be the Splendour in 2006. If you had your choice of aft cabins on the Splendour which one would you choose?

Any one else have an opinion about what would be the best D1 aft cabin on the Splendour?

Thanks for your help.

Colleen

I'd probably go with 7132 or 7630. I wouldn't want the corner ones, as the balconies were not large enough for 2 lounge chairs, as ours was. I would avoid the connecting cabins in the middle just because of the noise through the door factor. We were in 7128 and it was great!! Loved that big balcony and the view was awesome.

Archived