Baby Soft Feet!

luvtcrz

After showring I let my clean feet dry well for about an hour then I use the ped egg and it is wonderful. Then before bed, I rub the heel balm by flexitrol on my feet and put on socks. My feet stay softer longer than when I used to just use the pumice stone in the shower.

Good old fashioned baby oill..on my feet and everywhere else. Also keeps mosquitos away!

Baby oil for mosquito repellent? That sounds great. During monsoon season in AZ we tend to get a lot of mosquito's around. I'll give that a try.

Yep..have done that for years!!

Baby oil for mosquito repellent? That sounds great. During monsoon season in AZ we tend to get a lot of mosquito's around. I'll give that a try.

Good old inexpensive Vaseline (even from the Dollar store) works wonders on all areas - including heels, elbows and even around the eyes. A little on the feet then soft cotton socks while sleeping works.

I use Avon Skin So Soft for insect repellent.

I'm too frugal to buy expensive stuff.:)

I love Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Cream. You cna put it on at anytime. It is kind of greasy at first but doesn't take long to soak in. I put it on thicker sometimes at night and wear socks. Also, on flip flop days, you can put some on and it will give the illusion of softer heels.

I also use a pumice stone every few days in the shower.

Regular salon pedicures help too but are not really necessary as you can DIY!

Not everyone can do it yourself.:)

Great ideas here! Thanks

• 10 months later...

I have been using this since I received all of this advice. Still love the heel balm. Seriously makes a huge difference. I put it on a couple of times a week before bed and I wake up with very soft feet. If you are able to use the pumice on your own feet, you can soak your feet a few minutes in the morning and scrub. Very fast job, since the skin is already softened.

My mom had bad cracked heels, so she takes that lotion you get from Mary Kay for your hands, "Soft Hands." and puts it on her feet thick (its thick anyway) and then wraps her feet with plastic wrap, then puts on foot socks and sleeps like that. The plastic wrap keeps the moisture in and the sock protects the plastic wrap.

There are some "socks" made without the toe portion. I think mine were from Walmart, carried in the pedicure section. There is a gel coating inside the sock that keeps the lotions, creams, etc. from being absorbed by the sock material. They were a bit expensive, but your feet don't get as warm as with regular socks and you can apply polish on your toes while they are on. I love mine.

There are some "socks" made without the toe portion. I think mine were from Walmart, carried in the pedicure section. There is a gel coating inside the sock that keeps the lotions, creams, etc. from being absorbed by the sock material. They were a bit expensive, but your feet don't get as warm as with regular socks and you can apply polish on your toes while they are on. I love mine.

I'll have to look for these; I have yet to be able to keep socks on in bed even in the dead of winter, with my side of the bed close to an 8 foot patio door facing north across a lake in windy Nebr. They always get too hot! And feel too confined.

Good old inexpensive Vaseline (even from the Dollar store) works wonders on all areas - including heels, elbows and even around the eyes. A little on the feet then soft cotton socks while sleeping works.

I use Avon Skin So Soft for insect repellent.

I'm too frugal to buy expensive stuff.:)

Hi,:) I tried the vaseline last night and omg...it really works overnight:D

my heels were not it bad shape since I have a microplane but I don't

always remember to use it everynight though:eek:but I used the vaseline

and put a pair of socks on and when I woke up this morning? My heels

are waaayyy softer! Thank you!!!!

Hi,:) I tried the vaseline last night and omg...it really works overnight:D

my heels were not it bad shape since I have a microplane but I don't

always remember to use it everynight though:eek:but I used the vaseline

and put a pair of socks on and when I woke up this morning? My heels

are waaayyy softer! Thank you!!!!

I did too..it was handy and cost me nothing. I can see a big difference already. I noticed that a few posters mention the Vicks. I'm wondering if the Vicks chest rub is better for this as it has the menthol fragrance? Isn't it also vaseline based?

This sounds crazy, but I use Bag Balm (for cows) and it works WONDERS!!! My skin is very sensitive and it doesn't bother me at all. I've bought it out of a farm and garden catalog, but I think someone said it was available in the pet section of wal-mart now!

Another vote for Bag Balm. You can find it in most grocery stores in the HUMAN cosmetic department:D. Although originally developed to soften cows udders for milking, it is wonderful, and cheap, for feet. It is rather like thick vasoline, comes in a green square tin, and lasts forever. Slather a thick layer on your feet, carefully put socks over it, and let it do its magic. Which reminds me- I need to start using it again. I usually spend about a week sleeping slathered in socks then get a good pedicure. Makes all the difference in the wold for pretty feet.

I'll have to look for these; I have yet to be able to keep socks on in bed even in the dead of winter, with my side of the bed close to an 8 foot patio door facing north across a lake in windy Nebr. They always get too hot! And feel too confined.

Use really big socks- your husbands for example. Or buy yourself a pair of large white socks- I would go made with fitted socks but don't mind if they are big and loose. Works for me anyway.

I wear sandals & flip flops year round and the FL weather really gives my feet a beating! Over the years I tried tons of creams & lotions...Avon's Foot works deep moisture cream was good, and the Heel to Toe products (peppermint sloughing lotion & foot softener) are really good. Lately I've been using Dr Scholls for her Ultra Overnightfoot cream. It's a really thick lotion and is wonderful!

But I have to say nothing beats the tried and true vaseline, saran wrap and sock treatment! A friend introduced me to this when I was a teen and it really works and best of all its cheap. But it's really messy and like someone else said be really careful when taking a shower after using it, I usually sit on the side of the tub and wash it all off with Dawn dish detergent before showering.

Use really big socks- your husbands for example. Or buy yourself a pair of large white socks- I would go made with fitted socks but don't mind if they are big and loose. Works for me anyway.

I'll try it! Thanks.

Archived