I changed my cabin today in a hurry!

You are just off center hump! That is a nice cabin. You will be able to see forward and aft of the ship on the balcony. Also the location close to the elevators and stairs is great. I really like hump cabins! You did good even though you do not mention what you changed from!

You are just off center hump! That is a nice cabin. You will be able to see forward and aft of the ship on the balcony. Also the location close to the elevators and stairs is great. I really like hump cabins! You did good even though you do not mention what you changed from!

What is it you like so much about hump cabins as opposed to other balcony cabins?

I hope I didn't make a mistake.:confused: I'm in cabin 8316 Explorer of the Seas.

Has anyone any info on this cabin:).

On the Voyager class ships the Hump balconies are the same size. They still only hold 2 chairs and a small table. The cabins are also the same size as their category elsewhere on the ship.

It is their location that is special to those of us who book them.

These hump cabins are in a great central location, have a great view, have more private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that. ;)

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views.

Yours is so close to the center of the hump, you will also have a great view. You made a wise move. ;)

Thanks for the info. Have you ever compared them to the aft balconies?

Aft balconies are much larger. On Voyager and Freedom class ships there is lots of superstructure that interferes with the view (my opinion and I love aft balconies - see my sig).

Hump balconies are the same size as any other side balconies on Voyager and Freedom class ships but are centrally located so the convenience is great. Plus, as has been mentioned, if you can snag center hump the view is amazing.

Radiance class and down I'll go with aft every time. Voyager class and up I prefer hump.

Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for the info. Have you ever compared them to the aft balconies?

We have been center aft on a Radiance class ship. The balcony was huge. What I did not care about was the tunnel likeness with the balcony being so long. The room was darker, I couldn't see the water from my bed. It was a lot longer walk to the back of the ship, but that did not bother us. We have not tried a corner aft, but since being on the hump, that has been our preference.

To each their own, so I do encourage folks to try each and then determine for themselves.

I edited to add, we like to see where we are going, not where we have been concerning the afts. The wake is absolutely beautiful though.

Archived