Atlanta Layover

eddiesgal

That's not much time. We fly on AirTran through Atlanta several times a year and each time we have to go to take the underground train to get to a differnt terminal for our next flight. You could luck out and have your next flight be in the same terminal, but there's no way to know that now. We also seem to always land at the gate at the far end of one terminal and have to get to a gate at the far end of another terminal. (DH has walking difficulties so we notice these things.)

Atlanta is notorious for delays when there is rain, so that could also be a factor.

Are you flying in the day of a cruise? If so, that would be riskier. You might look at how many AirTran flights are scheduled from ATL to FLL after yours in case you miss your connection. Of course, those flights would need to have open seats and that is a very popular and packed route.

I wouldn't book that flight because I'd constantly worry about it, but you might be able to tolerate more risk than me.

Would like to fly Airtran into FLL from Pittsburgh and there is a layover in ALT for 40 minutes 1/29/10. Will that be enough time to switch planes?

Great price but...........just don't know:(

]

99% of their jet flights arrive and depart from terminal C. Unless you are flying nonjet service out of PIT, you should be fine with the connecting time....

The most you'd do is walk a few gates....

99% of their jet flights arrive and depart from terminal C. Unless you are flying nonjet service out of PIT' date=' you should be fine with the connecting time....

The most you'd do is walk a few gates....[/quote']

First off, AirTran uses both the C and D and E concourses, though most ops are in C. So it is not 99%. Further, AirTran uses the 717 and 737 aircraft, so I'm not sure just what "nonjet" service they offer.

But then, what do I know....I don't have 30+ years in the travel industry like some posters.....

AirTran only uses jets, so a non-jet from PIT isn't an issue. I just checked AirTran's website and they have 22 gates in concourse C and 9 gates in concourse D (Atlanta) We have always had to switch concources, but YMMV.

Thank you all for your responses. Even though DH and I are flying in the day before, we've decided not to cut the connections that close thus allowing us to begin our journey with a lot less stress. I appreciate the advice:)

Archived