Cruising Out of NY on the CB - Any Thoughts?

Wavrider

Umm I responded

But that was about the Caribbean Princess.

I'm asking more about cruising out of NY here,

Let me rephrase-

My question is how's the port?

Is it easy checking in?

Would you recommend cruising out of NY doing the Eastern cruise instead of flying to FLL. ???

Umm I responded

But that was about the Caribbean Princess.

I'm asking more about cruising out of NY here,

Let me rephrase-

My question is how's the port?

Is it easy checking in?

Would you recommend cruising out of NY doing the Eastern cruise instead of flying to FLL. ???

Oh, I didn't understand your question. The CB leaves out of Brooklyn and it was a total breeze for us. This was our only cruise to date, so nothing to compare it to. But, easy to drive to. Plenty of parking. Check in was easy. If memory serves, we got there at 11:30 and they were boarding at noon. There is a waiting area to sit in if you get there before noon.

I have not cruised out of Brooklyn yet, however, I have cruised quite a few times out of Bayonne and out of NYC also. Bayonne is very easy to cruise out of. I am assuming you live in this area and don't want to fly to Florida because the one thing I find about cruising from here is the fact that there are a lot of sea days and if you go February like I tend to do, you will have a day and 1/2 until you hit warm weather. Sorry I can't help you with Brooklyn but feel free to ask me about NYC or Bayonne.

I have sailed on the CB both out of Brooklyn and out of FLL. (We had to fly for both cruises....). The embarkation at Brooklyn was pretty painless. For those flying in, there are fewer hotel choices in Brooklyn; luckily we were staying with friends who live there.

What I liked better about the cruise itself was the extra two sea days (to and from NY). It just made the cruise seem more relaxed and just the right length. Seven days never seems like quite long enough...

Only went to Bayonne once and it was last September -- the same day that Bush, Palin and McCain all made a stop in NYC. We were 5 hours late docking because we were given the harbor tour about 16 times before being cleared. Then it was absolute mayhem--no taxis, busses or private cars where they should have been at 8AM.

I think it could be a great place to come and go but the port facilities (Celebrity) are really pretty poor and pretty impossible to get to the airport just 2 miles away except by taxi or transfer.

The sight of NYC on a beautiful clear day is a very positive thing. We like taking the train up the east coast. Much better than flying.

Oh, I didn't understand your question. The CB leaves out of Brooklyn and it was a total breeze for us. This was our only cruise to date, so nothing to compare it to. But, easy to drive to. Plenty of parking. Check in was easy. If memory serves, we got there at 11:30 and they were boarding at noon. There is a waiting area to sit in if you get there before noon.

Same way for us. It was very easy, and everyone from porters to greeters to people at check in were very friendly and helpful, both arriving at port and after disembarking.

I have only cruised out of NYC. Traffic getting to the port was murder but there is a lot to be said for skipping the AP.

Depending on the time of year you may hit rough seas. The 1st year it was like glass. The 2nd trip, you had to hold the hand rails to walk on the way home & I felt like I was going to get thrown out of bed.

Archived