Another Soda Card Question

Skyhawk61

I may be totally wrong but I would think seltzer/soda water/club soda would fall under the category of soda. If you take away the sugar from Sprite/7UP, you are left with seltzer/soda water with a squeeze of lime/lemon juice. I ordered a soda water when I was on the Star and was charged the same as a coke. It is not alcohol, so I would think it would be considered a soda -- thus, it should be covered under the soda card. Personally, I would just bring my own and save some money.

My wife doesn't drink alcohol (she's useful to have around for driving chores). What she'll have at cocktail time is Tonic Water with lime. They charged $1.95 for that.

On soda cards, I think it's supposed to be for fountain soda, but the Sky didn't have all the Pepsi products on the gun, so they honored the card for certain canned products, Tonic was one of them. "She who must be obeyed" doesn't drink enough soda to justify the card, though.

I believe that in most cases you will be served club soda (seltzer water that includes salt)....from the bar "guns". The drinks will be in the range of $2.25 with the autogratuity.

The soda cards are fairly expensive unless you really drink a lot. You will have to do your own math to figure if it is worth it. With the card, you will be charged a full day for embarkation day, but not for the debarkation day, i believe.

Here is the info from the NCL site as of today:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

$6.25/day

Archived