Smoking on Balconies?

elkruiser

Can you smoke on any balcony or only on one side of the ship? I would hate for DH to be unhappy if he cannot have a morning smoke with his coffee.

Princess allows smoking on all stateroom balconys, but in public outside areas, it is only in certain areas on one side of the ship.

Guest xywolap

Take a closeable or semi closed ashtray as the wind on the balcony makes a regular ashtray a failure. There was a little shelf on our balcony where you can leave it.

I agree about the careless smokers flicking their ash and butts over the side, there are always those sort or people. Its not only smokers, spitting and rubish tossing is another bad habit of some on balconies.

Do not smoke in the cabin... there are smoke detectors.

~~"Room stewards report smoking cabins to the bridge so they can correctly monitor the cabin smoke detectors."~~

HUH? What are you talking about?

Are you implying that the bridge can change the settings on the smoke detectors of cabins that are occupied by indoor smokers?

~~"Room stewards report smoking cabins to the bridge so they can correctly monitor the cabin smoke detectors."~~

Are you implying that the bridge can change the settings on the smoke detectors of cabins that are occupied by indoor smokers?

The smoke detectors morph into little cameras that watch you every time you light up. :D

I don't know how they do it but our room steward on the CB told me they have to report to the bridge who's smoking in their cabins so they can "adjust the smoke detectors". I asked a ship's officer we befriended on the Ruby and he concurred but didn't offer any other details. I'm sure the smoke detection systems on a ship are much more sophisticated than the $20 plastic ones most contractors use in residential construction. :D

The smoke detectors morph into little cameras that watch you every time you light up. :D

I was working secruity at my apt complex and a guy told me the office was watching him putting by cameras in his tv and raido he said "its so bad I cant even walk around my house naked anymore"

OK so we wanna keep this $*&^^%#@ thread going still!!!

Was on the Golden last May 08 and walked down the companionway from our cabin. As we passed this one stateroom we were subjected to the unsolicited combined pungent odours of dead cigarette butts and real ciggie puffs waffling under the stateroom door.

Thank God his/her (I'm not specific here) stateroom was aft of mine. Maybe one day they'll put smoking balconies aft and let the rest of us breathe clean air.

OK that's it...now can we close this thread as the subject has been discussed for the past few years now.

Ciao for now!!!

It would still be legal to smoke in your room. This would just disturb your neighbors. Would you rather the smokers were smoking on a balcony next to yours?

Just kill all smoking in the rooms (with smoke detectors to check it) & move all smoking to the rear of the ship.

Can you smoke on any balcony or only on one side of the ship? I would hate for DH to be unhappy if he cannot have a morning smoke with his coffee.

And I would be very unhappy while he smoked, if I was next door, since I would not be able to use MY balcony!!!

john

Hey No way I love the aft of the ship and I detest cigarette smoke.

It would be hard to make everyone happy and if they dedicated areas on each deck towards the read for smoking it probably wouldn't affect you rear facing balcony anyway. I would worry to much about any change, since Princess can't afford to lose any business by limiting smoking anyway.

Archived