Beer prices

I just got off of the Elation today $5.00 plus 15% gratuity for domestic & import can beer, and I believe the most expensive beer was about $5.75 but dont hold me to that one....regardless be prepared to spend. The best deal is to get the beer in a bucket, its like 5 beers for the price of 4.

Just got off the Legend... Regular 12 oz. cans are $4.75 + 15%.. Imports a bit more!:( 16 oz bottles are $5.25 +.. Only certain brands, naturally.. (I think CCL has a deal with Budweiser..:eek:) YUK!

Bucket is 4 (16 oz. bottles) for $17.50 + 15%... Best buy is a Foster's 'Oil Can'.. 24.6 oz for $6.75 +, I believe.. :)

Good luck...! Drinking isn't cheap..;)

Just got off the Legend... Regular 12 oz. cans are $4.75 + 15%.. Imports a bit more!:( 16 oz bottles are $5.25 +.. Only certain brands, naturally.. (I think CCL has a deal with Budweiser..:eek:) YUK!

Bucket is 4 (16 oz. bottles) for $17.50 + 15%... Best buy is a Foster's 'Oil Can'.. 24.6 oz for $6.75 +, I believe.. :)

Good luck...! Drinking isn't cheap..;)

Looks like I will be doing the Bucket of Bud

Wow, with those prices I won't be buying much beer!:D I can't help but wonder if the prices were cheaper if more people would buy their booze on the ship instead of trying to smuggle it. I think Carnival would turn a bigger profit if the prices were lower. Only my opinion.

Wow, with those prices I won't be buying much beer!:D I can't help but wonder if the prices were cheaper if more people would buy their booze on the ship instead of trying to smuggle it. I think Carnival would turn a bigger profit if the prices were lower. Only my opinion.

I really dont think the fact that if I dont bring a bottle on ..Carnival will lower prices. Have you been to a MLB game?? Carnivals prices are much better..even with tip added on..Drink up..your on vacation!!!

I just got off of the Elation today $5.00 plus 15% gratuity for domestic & import can beer, and I believe the most expensive beer was about $5.75 but dont hold me to that one....regardless be prepared to spend. The best deal is to get the beer in a bucket, its like 5 beers for the price of 4.

I hat to say, but the bucket of beer is only 4 bottles, and with that you only save a buck or two, but, that's better than nothing, eh?;)

I really dont think the fact that if I dont bring a bottle on ..Carnival will lower prices. Have you been to a MLB game?? Carnivals prices are much better..even with tip added on..Drink up..your on vacation!!!

So true, but I still think the prices are too high. I won't let it affect my vacation though.:)

I seriously doubt that if everyone only bought the beer sold on board that the cruise lines would lower the cost. In fact, if they had a completely captive market, the incentive would be to raise prices.

On another note, the opposite of not drinking beer that is brought on board by passengers is not always buying it from the cruise line, but could be not drinking beer at all.

I am a big IPA and micro brewery fan and I like to sample the beers in the ports we visit. I always bring beer on board from most ports we visit. I have never had a problem. If the cruise were to "confiscate" my beer, I would not turn around and purchase the beer on board. The only thing that would be accomplished is that the ship would now have a disgruntled passanger on board. And that is not good for business.

Looks like I will be doing the Bucket of Bud

Why? When you can get Sam Adams or Becks or Pilsner Urquell for the same price, why not go for the better brews?

At $5.75 a bottle (with tip), probably equals what you'd pay for a beer in any stadium/arena or major city night club/restaurant in the country with local sales tax and not including any tips. Yes seems high if you're swilling the stuff 4 at a time, 3 times a day, compared to buying a case of Keystone at the local stop 'n rob. But otherwise, it's just the price of going out on the town.

I seriously doubt that if everyone only bought the beer sold on board that the cruise lines would lower the cost. In fact, if they had a completely captive market, the incentive would be to raise prices.

On another note, the opposite of not drinking beer that is brought on board by passengers is not always buying it from the cruise line, but could be not drinking beer at all.

I am a big IPA and micro brewery fan and I like to sample the beers in the ports we visit. I always bring beer on board from most ports we visit. I have never had a problem. If the cruise were to "confiscate" my beer, I would not turn around and purchase the beer on board. The only thing that would be accomplished is that the ship would now have a disgruntled passanger on board. And that is not good for business.

these are the post that i hate, you state if carnival dosent let you break the rules your not going to purchase from them and your going to be disgruntled, im not saying dont try to sneak some on cause i do, i just cant understand the mentality that if a cruise line dosent give you speical treatment your discruntled, try taking your own food into a nice steak house see how long it takes for them to kick you to the curb,,,its part of thier revenue do you think they make money on your roomrate alone,

these are the post that i hate, you state if carnival dosent let you break the rules your not going to purchase from them and your going to be disgruntled, im not saying dont try to sneak some on cause i do, i just cant understand the mentality that if a cruise line dosent give you speical treatment your discruntled, try taking your own food into a nice steak house see how long it takes for them to kick you to the curb,,,its part of thier revenue do you think they make money on your roomrate alone,

I'm happy to do my part adding to CCL's bottom line.

However, I'd be just as happy paying half as much.

Archived