Thinking of booking the Sun in 2010 but...

I am looking at booking a cruise I see on Expedia on the Norwegian Sun for 10/09/2010. This sailing only shows on their website and a couple others, not on the official NCL website. What is going on with this sailing does anybody know?

...but I remembered reading something about the Sun going into drydock. Read this thread and see if this helps you...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008224&highlight=sun+dry+dock+2010

October 9, 2010 is not on the NCL website - falls into the time frame where someone replying to this other post said that Sun should be in drydock. It would have been nice if the dry dock were this year - we are on the Sun in June 2010 - but October 2010 doesn't fit into our schedule.

Maybe Expedia doesn't know what it is doing and expects to have a Sun cruise but NCL hasn't released details yet? Call NCL and ask if you don't know for sure - but if not on NCL.com I would be suspicious and double check before you book anything - but that is just me.

I thought it was probably something like that... schedule getting changed for drydock, etc. There's probably a miscommunication since when you try to book the cruise on Expedia it says no rooms in any category are available. Well, on to plan 'B.' :)

I can tell you when NCL changed the ship from the Jewel to Sun for 2010 Baltics the agency you reference still showed the Jewel as the ship (as well as the associated pricing for the Jewel) for at least a month after the change happened when I checked at that time.

Archived