Ft. Lauderdale Hotel suggestions

Sunshine-lady

Getting ready to book a cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades). We want to fly into Ft. Lauderdale a day early. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent hotel that might be close to the port, or overlooking the port?

We prefer Embassy Suites on 17th , but have also stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 & Renaissance (no view of the harbor here though) All three are very close to the port & restaurants, shops & wine/alcohol stores. Good luck!

Jan

We prefer Embassy Suites on 17th , but have also stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 & Renaissance (no view of the harbor here though) All three are very close to the port & restaurants, shops & wine/alcohol stores. Good luck!

Jan

Where are all of these located in relation to Renaissance? We'll be staying there in January and was wondering how far everything was. Thanks!

Although the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania did not overlook the port, it was very close to it.

They offer a free shuttle to & from the airport and to the port. The hotel was very clean and offered a free hot/cold breakfast buffet. Across the street was a Publix grocery store, along with several restaurants. A Walgreens was to the side of the hotel.

Karen

People including myself have been getting the Renaissance on Priceline for 59.00-64.00 plus taxes and fees= around 80.00. This is for Oct. Hope that helps.

This is the Renaissance on SE 17th, correct? It's a 4star on Priceline? I've been bidding on this property (actually the zone this hotel is in, Zone 2) and haven't got a thing.

This is the Renaissance on SE 17th, correct? It's a 4star on Priceline? I've been bidding on this property (actually the zone this hotel is in, Zone 2) and haven't got a thing.

Yes it is and i think it MAY be 3/5 stars....

and if you are on the correct side you CAN see SOME ships....i did when i stayed there.....

if bidding and you're paying over say 100 bucks it really isn't worth it......and i would eat elsewhere...the food is overpriced and lousy.

I got it on my first try for $60 last week! Downtown, 4* for Oct/2009.

Desmonsm, That is it. Got the Hotel on second try. What time of the year are you looking?

I'm trying to book it for October 31st. I'll try again this morning, because I've heard of multiple people getting it for ~ $60 within the past week. I just wanted to make sure it was a 4star property in Zone 2.

People including myself have been getting the Renaissance on Priceline for 59.00-64.00 plus taxes and fees= around 80.00. This is for Oct. Hope that helps.

I booked the Courtyard (11/14, 11/21) through Carnival for one one night pre-cruise and one night post-cruise, it's a little over $100/night and it also raised my travel insurance.

My question is how bad am I going to be penalized if I decide to cancel the room reservations and go with a cheaper hotel, especially if I can get a great rate on priceline?

I'm looking at all of the wonderful deals that other CC members are finding with transportation and free breakfast and I'm considering making a change.:confused:

I booked the Courtyard (11/14, 11/21) through Carnival for one one night pre-cruise and one night post-cruise, it's a little over $100/night and it also raised my travel insurance.

My question is how bad am I going to be penalized if I decide to cancel the room reservations and go with a cheaper hotel, especially if I can get a great rate on priceline?

I'm looking at all of the wonderful deals that other CC members are finding with transportation and free breakfast and I'm considering making a change.:confused:

Check the cancellation policy on your reservation. Usually you can cancel within 24 hrs. of the date of arrival without penalty. I would probably cancel if there is no penalty. Good luck!:)

I'm trying to book it for October 31st. I'll try again this morning, because I've heard of multiple people getting it for ~ $60 within the past week. I just wanted to make sure it was a 4star property in Zone 2.

That is the International Boat Show weekend in Lauderdale - you probably will not find anything nearby the port/airport for less than $200 - if you can get one at all. I was able to get the Renaissance on the 25th for $59 on Priceline

Ron

jellybeanOH- If you booked it through Carnival, it's part of your cruise total. Call Carnival and ask if you can remove the hotel from your reservation without a penalty. I assume you haven't paid Final Payment yet.

Another thought is that if you booked it through Carnival, does it include the transfer from the hotel to the ship?

We're looking at this hotel but is it close to anything? i.e. liquor store, restaurants?

Janette

I'm assuming that you mean Hyatt Pier 66. There are several restaurants on the premises or you can walk 2-8 blocks and find about a dozen more choices. There are 2 liquor stores and 2 grocery stores about 6 blocks away.

I'm assuming that you mean Hyatt Pier 66. There are several restaurants on the premises or you can walk 2-8 blocks and find about a dozen more choices. There are 2 liquor stores and 2 grocery stores about 6 blocks away.

It's actually the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport North, 1841 SE Tenth Ave.

Janette

It's actually the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport North, 1841 SE Tenth Ave.

Janette

Oh, Hyatt Place is adjacent to everything you could possibly want without even crossing 17th St.! Total Wine & Spirits, Publix grocery, sports bars/restaurants, Coco Asian Bistro (my favorite), Carlos & Pepes mexican, Outback Steakhouse, CVS nearby, Moe's burritos, KFC, etc.

We are booked at HP for our November cruise. check www.valuetrips.com and get a great price. We got it for $109 and all the travel sites online were double that. We are staying 1 night pre and post cruise. I was told that they will pick us at at the pier and take us back to HP after thuise. I am going to double check that when we get there.

Last cruise we stayed at the Embassy Suites very close to HP. We thought it was very expensive and no shuttle service. This time we thought we would try HP being so close to everything.

Good luck with your decision.....

Judy

Can someone kind of explain how priceline works. Never have tried it. We are booked for next May. When should we start bidding for a hotel? And we want a hotel close to the ships plus a decent hotel, so how do you pick a zone that you want in, and what zone should we pick? Thanks for any help.

hyatt place fort lauderdale, you cant go wrong with this hotel. I stayed here 3 separate times last year and once at the hyatt place miami by the airport. The rooms are a decent size with a pull out bed which is great if you have 3 people in the room. Flat screen tv, iron & ironing board to do your last minute ironing before the cruise.

The Hyatt Place FLL has airport pick up and pier drop off, so you save on the cab fares right away, publix and mall behind the hotel. I would stay here again on my next precruise.

Can someone kind of explain how priceline works. Never have tried it. We are booked for next May. When should we start bidding for a hotel? And we want a hotel close to the ships plus a decent hotel, so how do you pick a zone that you want in, and what zone should we pick? Thanks for any help.

betterbidding.com will give you an idea of recent wins:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=78&

To be close to the ships, bid the "downtown" area. All of the hotels listed in that zone are within blocks of the port entrance except the Riverside, which is 2.5 miles away and in the best part of town surrounded by the best restaurants (that would be my favorite on the list anyway). I'm not sure what you mean by "decent"; I think all of the hotels listed are okay, but it depends on what star level you are most comfortable with.

Archived