Venice - cruise port to airport

Does anyone know if there are taxis at the Cruise ship terminal after a cruise that are available to take cruise passengers to the airport or does this type of transportation need to be arranged in advance somehow?

Appreciate any tips.

but none really early in the morning when most people have to get off for an early flight...that you need to prearrange!!

Agree, if you need to head to the airport before 9:00 then pre-book your transportation.

Any recommendations of a company to contact for that?

I ended up booking with Venice Shuttle, going with recommendations here on Cruise Critic. They will be picking us up at 8:00am at the ship. 4 of us with luggage cost 55 euros (this will be a private sadan, not waiting for anyone else). What I liked is they didn't need a cc to reserve (they trusted me :) There web site is:

http://www.veniceshuttle.it/

Have a great cruise!

John

Does anyone know if there are taxis at the Cruise ship terminal after a cruise that are available to take cruise passengers to the airport or does this type of transportation need to be arranged in advance somehow?

Appreciate any tips.

You catch the number 5 bus from the piazzale roma, which is within walking distance from the cruise terminal, to the airport. Cost is 2.50 euro's. A taxi would run you at least 45-50 euro's. Hope this helps.

Appreciate any tips.

You don't mention the number of people in your party, but for us (family of 6) I pre-booked with a limo company called limousine alessandro and booked for 60e payable at the pier....I wanted to make sure I wasn't looking for a taxi that could accomodate all of us at that time of the morning for a 10:00am flight....

?action=view&current=Venice2.jpgMostly for practice uploading a photo -- anyways, here's a google earth view of Venice with the cruise port on the left and St Mark's pinpointed in yellow.

Venice2.jpg

?action=view&current=Venice2.jpg

a%3E

Sorry it's so big -- I'll do better next time.

We used europeantransfer.com and it was only 25E from port to airport. You have to prepay, but they were very reliable and arrived 15 min before scheduled time. I found out about them from another CC member.

Archived