Carnival Dream Cove Balcony Cabin ?

mr jailerman

Hi Mrjailerman,

we are debating cove balcony- but I am concerned about locations of the rooms showing available. We are booked now in an Oceanview Spa cabin, 6E - which is a handicap room- so we could get bumped, and there are only a couple Spa oceanviews - so possibly we could get bumped to a spa balcony.

The problem with the spa room is we found out after we booked it, not from our PVP- that only the 1st 2 people get to use the spa ammenities, and the 3rd and 4th would have to pay. Now the 4th is a minor so she would not be able to use the services anyway, but 7 days of the thalasso pool/ thermal suites is $245.00 extra for the 3rd person. We can upgrade to a cove balcony for less than that, much less.

But not sure if we want to do that or hold out that we could get bumped to a spa balcony. Either way I am fine with the location of the Spa cabin, just miffed we were not told about the 1st 2 people only.

So anyway, without changing your topic, I have concerns about the location on deck 2 for the cove cabins, being under the theater and lounges, dining rooms and the galley? Any thoughts on what the noise from above would be?

Also I have only been on 1 cruise and remember that in the back/aft it seemed to have a lot of vibrations. How would that be on deck 2?

Otherwise totally excited and can't wait :D

Hi Mrjailerman,

we are debating cove balcony- but I am concerned about locations of the rooms showing available. We are booked now in an Oceanview Spa cabin, 6E - which is a handicap room- so we could get bumped, and there are only a couple Spa oceanviews - so possibly we could get bumped to a spa balcony.

The problem with the spa room is we found out after we booked it, not from our PVP- that only the 1st 2 people get to use the spa ammenities, and the 3rd and 4th would have to pay. Now the 4th is a minor so she would not be able to use the services anyway, but 7 days of the thalasso pool/ thermal suites is $245.00 extra for the 3rd person. We can upgrade to a cove balcony for less than that, much less.

But not sure if we want to do that or hold out that we could get bumped to a spa balcony. Either way I am fine with the location of the Spa cabin, just miffed we were not told about the 1st 2 people only.

So anyway, without changing your topic, I have concerns about the location on deck 2 for the cove cabins, being under the theater and lounges, dining rooms and the galley? Any thoughts on what the noise from above would be?

Also I have only been on 1 cruise and remember that in the back/aft it seemed to have a lot of vibrations. How would that be on deck 2?

Otherwise totally excited and can't wait

Hello FLDW126..:) I think that would have to be a pretty BIG upgrade for you to go from an Oceanview to a Spa Balcony and perhaps not very realistic (BUT HEY...:eek::D.. I'm a guy, So I could be wrong;)...) I don't doubt that you will loose that Handicaped cabin though as this ship holds 3,600 people and someone will need it if you don't already have someone in it that claims to have issues.. The deck below the Cove Balconies are more cabins which is what you really want as that is quiet for the most part.. You do need to look at the deck above the cabin your looking at. The Cove that I took is more toward the front of the ship and will have the shore excursions desk above me. (How much noise can be there unless their is some mad love affair going on in the back office or something:D) I think having a Balcony so close to the water will be a very neat experience and I dont regret my choice at this point.. I just came back 4 weeks ago from a Cat 12 Penthouse Suite on the Imagination and that Balcony will be similer to the Cove in styling with the metal hull section instead of plexiglass.. It was still very nice.. I see you were on the Inspiration ? We just missed each other as I was on that ship in Feb 2008.. As far as the AFT'S go.. They do vibrate at times depending on the speed the ship is running.. Their are still some nice Cove Balconies on our "Spring Break" March 27th sailing to St Thomas if you should want to switch to avoid the NOISES OF COURSE OF YOUR CRUISE ;).. Take Care.. Kurt (Sounds Better the jailer I THINK ?? :-)

Hey Kurt,

our Oceanview is a spa category, and there are only 4 OV Spa rooms, 2 which are handicap. We did not ask for it, just what was assigned and avail. So we would have to remain in the Spa category right? Where else would we go if bumped? Right now only 1 other OV spa cabin shows avail and that the other handicap room.

Wishful thinking maybe- but one can hope.. or to be corny "dream". :p

I think we are going to wait at least til Sept before we decide if we want to change cabins or not- we watch pretty often to see what shows as avail and of course prices! I would like to see some actual pics and reviews and then decide I guess. Only a couple months away. Can't wait to see the actual as opposed to the renderings.

Can't change the dates- with the 3 of us going, it was hard enough to get dates together for December. I do wish I was doing the Eastern instead of Western, but that is just how it worked out with the dates. Not sure I could wait another few months :eek:

Thanks

Debbie

Hey Kurt,

our Oceanview is a spa category, and there are only 4 OV Spa rooms, 2 which are handicap. We did not ask for it, just what was assigned and avail. So we would have to remain in the Spa category right? Where else would we go if bumped? Right now only 1 other OV spa cabin shows avail and that the other handicap room.

Wishful thinking maybe- but one can hope.. or to be corny "dream". :p

I think we are going to wait at least til Sept before we decide if we want to change cabins or not- we watch pretty often to see what shows as avail and of course prices! I would like to see some actual pics and reviews and then decide I guess. Only a couple months away. Can't wait to see the actual as opposed to the renderings.

Can't change the dates- with the 3 of us going, it was hard enough to get dates together for December. I do wish I was doing the Eastern instead of Western, but that is just how it worked out with the dates. Not sure I could wait another few months

Thanks

Debbie

HI DEBBIE..:) I have NOOOO Clue about these "SPA" Cabins as this will be the first Carnival ship to have them.. Often times though if you ARE IN a handicap cabin and someone needs it and you don't they WILL move you to the same CAT or Kind of cabin (Perhaps another Oceanview elsewhere ?:eek:) But, You will see soon enough either way right so don't stress about it to much;).. Their is a cool website that you can see ALL open cabins on a ships sailing just by entering the date of sailing. It is site from Europe so everything is priced in euros but for the purpose of seeing what is REALLY still open as far as Cabins, I have found NO BETTER;).. It is sea scanner (put words together though) dot com. Take a minute and see what you think.. Kept in touch YOUNG LADY..:D Kurt

HI DEBBIE..:) I have NOOOO Clue about these "SPA" Cabins as this will be the first Carnival ship to have them.. Often times though if you ARE IN a handicap cabin and someone needs it and you don't they WILL move you to the same CAT or Kind of cabin (Perhaps another Oceanview elsewhere ?:eek:) But, You will see soon enough either way right so don't stress about it to much;).. Their is a cool website that you can see ALL open cabins on a ships sailing just by entering the date of sailing. It is site from Europe so everything is priced in euros but for the purpose of seeing what is REALLY still open as far as Cabins, I have found NO BETTER;).. It is sea scanner (put words together though) dot com. Take a minute and see what you think.. Kept in touch YOUNG LADY..:D Kurt

Debbie..not to butt in but...

On our sailing all of the oceanview Cloud 9 Spa OV are full and there are a BUNCH of panorama level Spa Balconies open. So if that is any indicator I think you could get lucky. I am certain they cant move you from a spa room to a "regular" one though like you were saying. Best wishes for a big upgrade!:)

Debbie..not to butt in but...

On our sailing all of the oceanview Cloud 9 Spa OV are full and there are a BUNCH of panorama level Spa Balconies open. So if that is any indicator I think you could get lucky. I am certain they cant move you from a spa room to a "regular" one though like you were saying. Best wishes for a big upgrade!:)

Not to worry, always glad for additional opinions/experience, since this will only be my 2nd cruise we are still learning everything. We won't be disappointed if we are not upgraded, just bummed about the 3rd person not getting spa too.. but that just goes to figure with the reduced prices. We are just going to get 2 days of the pass I think- 35.00 a day and divide by 3 so we all pay, since we are splitting the cost of the room equal as well.

But other than that may still consider a cove once we see reviews and pics come Sept.

Thanks! :D

Not to worry, always glad for additional opinions/experience, since this will only be my 2nd cruise we are still learning everything. We won't be disappointed if we are not upgraded, just bummed about the 3rd person not getting spa too.. but that just goes to figure with the reduced prices. We are just going to get 2 days of the pass I think- 35.00 a day and divide by 3 so we all pay, since we are splitting the cost of the room equal as well.

But other than that may still consider a cove once we see reviews and pics come Sept.

Thanks! :D

Hi Debbie :) How goes it ? You Still have not jumped on a Cove Balcony yet huh :D ? I bet you will when you see that water only about 20 feet down from the balcony splashing away:D.. I hope all is well.. Kurt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What happens if the sea gets rough in these COVE balconies? do they provide a pail to bail water? :eek:

haha I read that they will cover the outside with some plastic - yes that should save us! :p

I hope I won't hear to much noise... I just changed my aft OV cabin for a cove balcony... only to discover it's right under the galley! :confused:

Archived