just off Liberty...

We did the Liberty on June 20th! What an awesome vacation! This was our first cruise, so we were in awe of just about everything! The ship was clean and beautiful.

Do not miss the Ice Show! The juggler they had was great! The kids really enjoyed watching him. The "In the Air" and "Ever After" shows were ok..."In the Air" was strange. The 70's dance street parade was a blast!

We had 2 storms with rain, thunder and lightning. The second storm they had to clear all the decks due to the lightning. It got really hot and sticky, and being from California, I am a wimp when it comes to humidity! I'll take my 100 degree dry heat any day! The kids loved playing shuffleboard, ping pong, and mini golf. My daughter loved the FlowRider! Lines were pretty long most of the time, but she managed to pick shorter line times.

The food was good! All my kids tried something new, and outside their comfort zone. Couldn't get anyone to try the escargot. (not even me!) The prime rib was good. There was an eggplant mozzarella cheese dish that was very good too. My daughter loved the chicken dish they serve every night. She would order 2 because they were so good! My favorite dessert was the Grand Marnier souffle! I wish I had ordered 2 of those!! It was so yummy! The buffett was good too.

All our ports were nice...hot and humid, but nice. We took a bus tour in St. Martin. It was very interesting, and the bus had A/C so it was double nice! We took another bus to Orient Beach and hung out there for awhile. It was nice to just lay there and watch the kids play in the ocean. It rained when we were getting packed up to go back to the ship. We did the walking tour in San Juan, and it rained a little there too. It was a 3 hour tour, and it packed in a lot of info and walking into the time frame. Again, it was humid, but we made it through! Ate at Hard Rock before heading back to the ship. They need to stay longer in San Juan. It just didn't seem like enough time. We took the high speed boat tour in Labadee....that was fun! The water is so pretty there. The Labadoozies were good! We went to the shopping area, and I was a bit overwhelmed with the flea market part, but the Artisan market was very low key and you can actually shop and look around in peace.

The crew was always so nice! The kids loved the towel animals!

We are already thinking of another cruise in a couple of years! I couldn't have asked for a better vacation! Happy cruising to all who are headed on to the ship!

Sounds like you had a great time too!! Yea, that storm was a bummer, but didn't last too long......sooooo sticky!! Us California folks really don't get the humidity thing to well!!! My poor camera was not having any of that on our balcony, lens would steam up the second I opened the slider!!

Would cruise Liberty again in a heartbeat. Such an amazing staff :D

We were on this cruise also. It was great! First time on a Freedom Class ship, but all our concerns were proved wrong. Never felt crowded, easy to get around.

Charo was very funny and a great show. My wife complained that the slots were very tight. Ship appeared to be in excellent condition--lots of maintenance going on at all times.

Took a little getting used to all the extra charges for things, but we enjoyed most of the venues that required a fee. From one extreme to the other, we are thinking of trying Azamara next for the true small ship experience.

What extra fees?

Archived