Discount for FL residents only?

Ulisses

Half of our party of 4 hails from FL; he noticed a discount from our TA's website on the Journey Oct. 11 sailing specific only to residents of that state. (Show ID upon embarking.) Could have saved us $ except we're from the "wrong" state. Is this quite legal?

It's common practice, so I'm assuming that it's legal. The discount for the October 11th sailing isn't specific just to residents of Florida as we qualify as well for it on that sailing. It's really unfortunate that it doesn't apply to Oregon as well. If you do book it, I would keep watching for any reductions in pricing which you should receive by requesting it. If you are dealing with a TA, be sure to ask them what their policy is regarding this; if you are dealing directly with Azamara, it usually just means a phone call to them to get the price adjustment.

It's very common practice within the cruise lines to stimulate bookings in certain areas. At one time or another every state has a special fare on certain sailings, but not on all.

One thing you might want to consider since you're not yet in penalty - do a cabin shuffle. Put one person from Florida "officially" in each cabin. The rate applies to the cabin, not the individuals. Then once you board, go to the Purser's Desk and request new key cards for the correct cabins. This is a very common practice, and the Purser is used to the request :D

Well, that was sweet! Just shuffled our cabins and - bingo - saved some $ (which I immediately spent booking shore excursions). Thanks, CC Cruisers!

Glad it worked for you! :)

Archived