Venice tour operator, VIATOR REVIEWS?

Has anyone taken the evening gondola ride with Viator or there 3 hour walking/Grand Canal cruise that they provide in Venice? They seem to be very reasonably priced compared to others. However, I am a little skeptcal as their website, although comprehensive, only provides positive reviews.

I will be in Venice a day and a half brfore our ship departs and want to make the right descision on this.

Please advise.

Has anyone taken the evening gondola ride with Viator or there 3 hour walking/Grand Canal cruise that they provide in Venice? They seem to be very reasonably priced compared to others. However, I am a little skeptcal as their website, although comprehensive, only provides positive reviews.

I will be in Venice a day and a half brfore our ship departs and want to make the right descision on this.

Please advise.

First let us state unequivocally that we do not work for Frommer’s. But at $12.99, Frommer’s “Venice Day by Day” guide is all you need. Follow their “Best in two days” tour and you will see the best that Venice has to offer within the time you have available. The restaurant recommendations are also very reliable. We used Frommer’s in 2007 when we were there for 3 days were very pleased with the results. I wouldn’t waste money either on a tour operator for a gondola ride. There are gondolas stations all over Venice. The price runs 80E – 100E for 40 min. Be prepared to negotiate. We usually look for another couple to share the cost and you will have someone to take your picture. :)

You need to know that Viator is not, itself, a tour provider. They are a middleman or broker for local tours around the globe. They often work with several different local providers, so unless you know who the specific tour provider is, it's hard to say about the quality of the tour.

I've taken 5 tours through Viator in 3 different countries. I'd rate the tours I got as maybe a little better than okay overall. One was canceled with no prior notice, one was not as promised (e.g., did not visit all the sites listed; I did later get a partial refund), 2 were okay and one was pretty good.

Archived