3 kids - 4 years apart - which is best??

jedisous

My husband and I just returned home from our cruise, sans children. Now, we've decided that we really want to take another - and take them with us.

My inlaws tell me that Celebrity is not family friendly, for the most part. We found that RCCL was quite family friendly, but are wondering what you've experienced. At present our children are 11, (almost) 8, and 3. We are looking to cruise in December 2010.

Thanks for your recommendations!

While there will be kids on Celebrity, overall they don't provide the amount of activities that the RCI ships offer. No surf pool, ice skating, rock climbing, water slides and all the things kids really like. I would say Celebrity is a more sedate cruise line when compared to RCI or Carnival.

We find that carnival has alot to offer for ALL Ages, we will be taking our kids (10, 7. 4, 3) on their first cruise, and with the research we have done Carnival seems to be the best for us, expecially a little bit less as well

Cory

We haven't sailed on Celebrity yet, but have sailed on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. My kids are 13, 10 and 3. They don't enjoy the rock climbing, waterslides, Flowrider, and would rather not participate in the ice skating. They can get all of these things at home. They do enjoy good food, making new friends, Bingo and having an arcade not necessarily in that order.

Royal Caribbean has been a good, but not great match for us. We're going on our 4th cruise with them, an Alaska cruise, in August. Carnival was a good match for the youngest and the middle child. There wasn't enough to do for me or for the the oldest - the games in the arcade were broken half the time and Bingo was not as exciting or generous as Royal. The dining experience was not as nice as Royal imo.

DS and I would prefer a line with better food. We will be sailing with Celebrity next summer in the Med. They still have a pool, an arcade, Bingo. They will also have lectures (for me). Their food is supposed to be significantly better. I am especially looking forward to the smoking restrictions on Celebrity. The smoke on our Carnival cruise (Glory) was quite bad and pervasive throughout the public areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have 4 kids and am wanting to take them on a cruise, just wondering how did you book the cruise? 2 rooms adjoining? Im in CA near SF and am debating whether we should go on the NCL which goes out of SF but its for 11 days (kind of long, I think) My little guy is still 2 and so not ready to travel just yet, if you know what I mean.... I really want to go, this will be my 2nd cruise on the carnival, first one was the Glory to the Eastern carribean.

My husband and I just returned home from our cruise, sans children. Now, we've decided that we really want to take another - and take them with us.

My inlaws tell me that Celebrity is not family friendly, for the most part. We found that RCCL was quite family friendly, but are wondering what you've experienced. At present our children are 11, (almost) 8, and 3. We are looking to cruise in December 2010.

We're in the same boat as you (ugh - pardon the pun!). ;) :D We'll be cruising in January with our 9 year old DD (turning 10 on the cruise), 6 year old DD, and 14 month old DS. We'll be on RCCL and will gladly post a review when we're finished. :) Wish I had advice for you now! Good luck!

I also have 3 kids , ages 5 , 9 and 12. My kids love Celebrity-and they have been on RCI (Mariner of the Seas). They have so much fun at the Fun Factory and always want to go.

We got a Family Oceanview with Veranda stateroom. The veranda is huge , as big as the room . We had dinner and breakfast several times. The 5 of us were very comfortable and the stateroom is a dream.

Celebrity is great for kids and adults . I highly recommend it.

Kim

I really think most cruise lines are great for children these days. That being said, I know for a fact that there will be at least one very awesome 12 year old on the NCL Epic, sailing December 18, 2010... :p

I love Celebrity for kids- great youth program. My son never wanted to leave it. I think they do well with younger kids. The 11 year old may not be a joiner because he/ she may think it is too babyish but it isn't and give them a nudge to go. Royal is much more family friendly but I don't like that cruise line as much. That's just my opinion.

Archived