Anyone know about the dining rooms/times on Freedom?

We chose the Early Seating dining time. Is Freedom doing the "no set dining time" in one dining room and a set time in the other? Just curious to know which dining room they do what in. I know in the past it varied because there were only set dining times and 2 dining rooms. I really don't care which one I get in, just curious. Since I have only been on one of Freedom's sister ship, Liberty once and only had the one dining room, I did not see the other. Is there any difference between the two (except one being at the back of the ship)? Do you prefer one over the other? :)

I was on the Freedom last week. I had early seating too (6:00) and had it in the chic dining room, but when I got my table changed I was put in the Posh dining room. Long story short, both dining rooms serve dinner at 6:00. The only difference I could see was that the Posh was bigger, this is where breakfast and lunch was served. :)

We chose the Early Seating dining time. Is Freedom doing the "no set dining time" in one dining room and a set time in the other? Just curious to know which dining room they do what in. I know in the past it varied because there were only set dining times and 2 dining rooms. I really don't care which one I get in, just curious. Since I have only been on one of Freedom's sister ship, Liberty once and only had the one dining room, I did not see the other. Is there any difference between the two (except one being at the back of the ship)? Do you prefer one over the other? :)

Reports have it that on ships with two dining rooms they are using part of one for anytime dining. Don't have any idea, and I'm not sure if Freedom has anytime dining yet or not.

The Freedom does not have any-time dining yet. If I remember correctly, they will only have it in 2010. Can't remember the date though !!!

Joanne

The Freedom does not have any-time dining yet. If I remember correctly, they will only have it in 2010. Can't remember the date though !!!

Joanne

It is scheduled to be implemented "by summer 2010". However, in John Heald's Blog, he stated that the Anytime Dining should be fleetwide by the end of this year. I don't think anybody really knows for sure when Freedom and the other ships scheduled for "summer 2010" will get it.

I am on the October 24,2009 cruise on the Freedom and Wayne the PVP said that the anytime dining will be in place for that cruise so I asked for the anytime dining because My DW likes it and I do not care.

I'm pretty sure it will be available when we go. I saw the option to choose online.. It said "Early, Late, Anytime/No Set Dining Time", or something like that.. I personally like the set dining time because I like having the same serving staff each night. :)

Joanne

Now im confused - I am on the January 2nd cruise on the Freedom. I had been told Any Time Dining would not be implemented until the Summer 2010. But you guys are saying it will be implemented by the end of the year. What gives? I would like the Any Time Dining - that way I can eat at my own choosing.

Our PVP did not mention the anytime dining, but we always choose early dining, and I never asked.. Then when I was checking our info online, that's where I saw options and the "Early Dining" was checked, so maybe they have just put the option online early or something. I just assumed they were offering it if it was on there.... :confused: Hopefully it will be offered when you go, if that's what you prefer....

I just went to Carnival's website trying to find where I saw the options and I can't find it... It may have shown them when I was adding my booking # or something...

Now im confused - I am on the January 2nd cruise on the Freedom. I had been told Any Time Dining would not be implemented until the Summer 2010. But you guys are saying it will be implemented by the end of the year. What gives? I would like the Any Time Dining - that way I can eat at my own choosing.

I was on the Freedom last week. I had early seating too (6:00) and had it in the chic dining room, but when I got my table changed I was put in the Posh dining room. Long story short, both dining rooms serve dinner at 6:00. The only difference I could see was that the Posh was bigger, this is where breakfast and lunch was served. :)

Yes, and breakfast is Open Seating in Posh from 7:30 - 9:30 am.

Archived