Connecting ocean view staterooms on FOS

I called RCI to book connecting OV staterooms (there are 5 of us- 2A/3C). The rep said they couldn't book those rooms for us since all of the connecting staterooms were made for 2 people/4 people. Since we would only have 3 in the "4" room, we would have to pay the price for 4 people. But, when I put in just for 1 room, the website allows me to book a "4" with just 3 people. Is this true, or did I get a bad rep? As a family of 5, does this mean our only choice is to book a family suite (don't want since it's only 1 bathroom), 2 connecting inside, or 2 connecting balcony?

Thanks for any insight or help.

We are a family of 6 and we've had 3 and 3 booked in each of our connecting staterooms. I would call back and see if you get the same response. Are they the same category room? The more I think about this, I try different configurations for our family 3/3 and 4/2. It's when I plug in the 2 people that I do get different category rooms. Ugh, I haven't helped one bit, but be sure that someone will be by that has a solid answer.

Archived