Ventura - towels and laundry facilites question

claiream3

Hi, Sailing Ventura October Transatlantic then Caribbean (I know its ages away but I need to plan ahead and buy towels now if I need them). As we're flying both sides of the cruise we have severe weight restrictions therefore trying to save on things where we can. My question - does P&O provide a beach towel in the cabin to take ashore?

We've sailed QM2 before and these were provided (standard inside cabin). We're again in standard inside cabin on Ventura.

Also laundry - are there self serve launderettes and can one purchase washing powder in the shop or is it best to bring my own?

Any responses greatly appreciated, and anyone else going on this cruise would love to hear from you!

BR,

Claire

Hi Claire,

Yes you do get beach towels and yes there are ample self-service laundary facilities.

Don't know if you can buy powder, when we were on Ventura last year we took a few washing tablets with us. Took up no space whatsoever and weighed next to nothing.

Pete.

You will find in your cabin ample white towels for cabin use and stacked under the sink, blue (or blue and white stripes) for pool and beach use. These are changed twice daily if needed. Extra towels are available at poolside.

You can purchase washing powder in the shop but they have been known to run out so maybe bring some of your own or buy some at your first port if you want to keep the weight down. There is no charge for use of the washing machines or dryers.

Brian

We used one of the launderettes on C Deck on Ventura last autumn, and we did take a bit of our normal washing powder with us. My wife in particular wanted to do that - she has in the past had a mild allergic reaction to something that was washed in an unfamiliar detergent, so she wanted to be absolutely safe. We put a small quantity of powder in a plastic 'food storage' carton, and wrapped it in a plastic bag as well, for packing. It took up very little space or weight.

The launderettes themselves are well equipped: washing machines, tumble dryers, and ironing boards & irons. You just need to get there early to beat the crowd....

Hi,

Just come back from a trip on Ventura.

2 Beach towels are provided in the cabin (they are on a shelf in the bathroom). You must take them back to your cabin after you've been to the pool etc..they can then be replaced and washed!

Self-serve launderettes are on all decks and are free to use. Washing powder isn't provided, but you can buy from the on-board shop.

Hope that helps.

I don't think you have to take the pool towels back to the cabin, the stewards really aren't that bothered, they just top up clean ones as required.

I WISH the towel issue was printed in the brochures! I have read countless questions about towels and it is info that new cruisers really need to know, how annoying to waste precious caSe space on bath and beach towels to find them supplied in the cabin!

Hi Claire,

We did the same cruise last year and as mentioned above, there are extra blue towels for use at the beach and pool. It was funny to see all the masses of blue towels on the beach, combined with the green towels of the other ships docked at the same port!! When you re-board the ship, there is a "large bucket" for want of a better description to put your wet sandy towels in. Your steward will have replaced your towels whilst doing his morning clean.

The Launderettes were popular and there were a number of then on each deck, but we always managed to find a washer/drier. We took our own washing tablets.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic cruise, we found having the long days at sea soooooo relaxing and a lot hotter than we imagined!

Have a great cruise

Jenni

Archived