7 Mile Beach Bar on your own???

goneclear

Has anyone taken a taxi on your own to a 7 mile beach bar?

Looking to do this. Will like a beach bar that offers food, drinks,

fresh water showers beach chairs and umbrellas.

Any recomendations will be appreciated.

Was just at Royal Palms last week. Free to get on beach...chairs were $6 and umbrellas were $10. The beach was beautiful and the restrooms were spotless!!!!! There was food and drink as well as nightly entertainment. I would go back there again and again!

7 Mile Beach is one of our favourite places. Easy taxi ride; clean beach; lounge chairs and umbrellas readily available for rent and food and drinks nearby.

Photos in the link below.

Have a wonderful time!

Kathy:)

It was about a 10 minute ride from the beach to the pier. We didn't eat since we had gone to Black Pearl Skate Park with our boys earlier and we had to return to the ship by 3:15 PM and figured we'd grab a bite back on board. We did go parasailing and that was $140 per couple.

You can also take a public bus, which is $2 each way. They are super easy--just tell them where you want to go and they'll take you there. They don't look like US buses--they are usually minivans that have a number on them. There should be plenty at the pier when you come in. Royal Palm is really nice, but get there early--we stayed at a condo near there a few weeks ago, and it got very crowded when there were numerous ships in.

Have fun. It's beautiful!

Has anyone taken a taxi on your own to a 7 mile beach bar?

Looking to do this. Will like a beach bar that offers food, drinks,

fresh water showers beach chairs and umbrellas.

Any recomendations will be appreciated.

I love Grand Cayman and will be there next week but we were there in February and tried to go to 7 mile beach and I don't know where the cab/van took us but the place charged us to rent, chair & umbrella but the food and drinks were pretty expensive, was a little disappointed this time.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Sharon

All of the 7MB locations will charge for chair/umbrella rentals, and food/drinks will be more expensive in Cayman than at home. You're not really going to be able to avoid that.

You can also take a public bus, which is $2 each way. They are super easy--just tell them where you want to go and they'll take you there. They don't look like US buses--they are usually minivans that have a number on them. There should be plenty at the pier when you come in. Royal Palm is really nice, but get there early--we stayed at a condo near there a few weeks ago, and it got very crowded when there were numerous ships in.

Have fun. It's beautiful!

Were you able to get the bus back to the ship or did you take a taxi, are there taxi's available at the beach for return to the ship, just a little nervous if we take our own transportation what if we have a problem getting back

Thanks for your help

Joann

The Reef is a nice spot with good lunches, but it can get very, very busy, especially if there are a lot of ships in (which is common). When I was on the island I walked SMB quite often, and the further from Georgetown you get, the less busy it tends to be. I'd walk through the Reef area and it would be wall to wall people. The public beach area by Sea Grape has more space, yet has the restaurant and washrooms, and rentals for everything I do believe (snorkeling gear and jet skis etc). There was another restaurant/bar there too. Can't recall the name. Plus there are these colorful little wooden shelters with benches to escape the sun or sudden downpour. It's still very easy to get to and taxis and buses go by there all day.

The Reef is a nice spot with good lunches, but it can get very, very busy, especially if there are a lot of ships in (which is common). When I was on the island I walked SMB quite often, and the further from Georgetown you get, the less busy it tends to be. I'd walk through the Reef area and it would be wall to wall people. The public beach area by Sea Grape has more space, yet has the restaurant and washrooms, and rentals for everything I do believe (snorkeling gear and jet skis etc). There was another restaurant/bar there too. Can't recall the name. Plus there are these colorful little wooden shelters with benches to escape the sun or sudden downpour. It's still very easy to get to and taxis and buses go by there all day.

We went to Sea Grape & loved it. The restaurant/bar was very good, chairs & umbrellas plentiful, and lots of water activities if you like.

stunned - yes they will know where to drop you off. We spent a week on 7 mile beach. Most of the beach area is very sandy so there is not a lot of great snorkeling. We were surprised how much we were able to see from our beach though. There are some areas that are good if you look for them. I haven't been to Sea Grape but if you walk along the beach and look for dark areas in the water you can get lucky. We were amazed at how much sea life we were able to see off of our beach. They had chunks of concrete in the water to tie dive boats to and they worked like man made reefs. We saw stingrays, seaurchins, star fish and a number of different kinds of fish. Nothing I would call wonderful but very entertaining. If good snorkeling is important you could go to Cemetary beach and snorkel for awhile and then head to SeaGrape. The snorkeling and beach there are great but there are no facilities.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
stunned - yes they will know where to drop you off. We spent a week on 7 mile beach. Most of the beach area is very sandy so there is not a lot of great snorkeling. We were surprised how much we were able to see from our beach though. There are some areas that are good if you look for them. I haven't been to Sea Grape but if you walk along the beach and look for dark areas in the water you can get lucky. We were amazed at how much sea life we were able to see off of our beach. They had chunks of concrete in the water to tie dive boats to and they worked like man made reefs. We saw stingrays, seaurchins, star fish and a number of different kinds of fish. Nothing I would call wonderful but very entertaining. If good snorkeling is important you could go to Cemetary beach and snorkel for awhile and then head to SeaGrape. The snorkeling and beach there are great but there are no facilities.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Is it possible to walk from Cemetary to SeaGrape? About how far is it. I know there aren't any facilities at Cemetary. If there was a medical emergency would there be anywhere to reach help? Don't want to be completely isolated.

I am guessing that if you had a real medical emergency you could ask a local resident to call for help. There were private homes North of cemetery beach. I was never quite sure where Sea Grape was so I'm not sure how far it was from cemetery beach.

Archived