make flight?

danidebb

Here was our experience. We were on HAL and got in line to get off the boat at 8:00 (they didn't even start self-disembark until 7:45). We got on the bus at 9:00 and to the airport around 10:00. It then took us two hours to get through customs and security (there were at least two boats left off at the same time). Now, there was an issue where somebody ran through security and it had to be shut down for 20 minutes, but you never know when these things might happen. Our airplane left at 12:50 and we barely made it.

We stayed 1 night post-cruise in Vancouver. We stayed downtown and had an 11:50am flight out. We left the hotel approx 9:20am. It took us a little over 1.5 hrs to get through Delta's check-in deck, US Customs and then security screening. We got to the gate at 11:10am and they were boarding. Had enough to buy a sandwich which I ate on the plane.

You can make it as long as there is no big delay getting off the ship first thing.....

First, if you can manage, walk your luggage off. If you can't, make sure you get the luggage tags for passengers with early flights. (The cabins steward will give you a form a few days before disembarkation and you can specify what time you need to get off and they will deliver the corresponding color-coded luggage tags). Once off the ship, head right for the taxi line, don't mess with buses or shuttles. Takes about 30 min to get there from the cruise terminals. Don't need Canadian $, taxis take credit cards.

Good luck! You're going to love Alaska!

My DH and I are on the Southbound Radiance cruise and port in

Vancouver at 7 am. Will we be able to make our 11:30 Flight?

Here's my experience a couple of weeks ago on SB Radiance. We did the self embark which means you carry off all of your own luggage. We met in the theater and left the ship about 7:30 am. It took about 15 minutes to do customs and the line for taxis. The ride to the airport is about 45 minutes. At this time of morning we did not encounter any lines at airline check in, canadian customs, or us customs. This part is stressful though because you're filling out forms and going from one place to the other while still carrying all of your luggage.

We were seated at the gate by 9 am to catch our flight at 11:05. Unfortunately for us, an announcement was made at 9:10 saying our flight was cancelled so all of our running around was worthless but that's another story.

We've done this twice, last year and this year and were sitting at the gate by 9 am. It can be done but it means getting off the ship with your luggage, catching the first few cabs, etc.

Good luck... You can do this!!

Thank you all for your replies. Sounds do able, just careful planning and being in a rush.

Maybe doable, but just as much chance to miss this flight. I suggest you look into using US Direct. This is the only way I would plan this flight. Otherwise, be certain, you know all the restrictions of your ticket, and if you miss the flight, do not expect to be able to get out the same day, expecially if you are flying on a discounted ticket. Flights out of Vancouver run full.

This is a flight that our TA scheduled for us. We just got our package two days ago and didn't know we had such an early flight until then. We leave out on Tues. I don't think the flight can be changed this late.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is US direct?

This is a flight that our TA scheduled for us. We just got our package two days ago and didn't know we had such an early flight until then. We leave out on Tues. I don't think the flight can be changed this late.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is US direct?

I'm not sure they are offering US Direct at this time on Radiance. I didn't see anything about it 2 weeks ago. I still think your very best bet is carrying off your own luggage. To get a taxi fast, you also must be close to the door of the theater on the side where the terminal is so you can get off fast.

I'm not sure they are offering US Direct at this time on Radiance. I didn't see anything about it 2 weeks ago. I still think your very best bet is carrying off your own luggage. To get a taxi fast, you also must be close to the door of the theater on the side where the terminal is so you can get off fast.

It may not be listed as US Direct and could have been marketed as a "baggage" service etc.

Absolutely, the ONLY way I would ever consider this, without US Direct, is with self disembarking, first off the ship. Immediately into a cab and hoping for the best.

Just because a "TA" booked this for them, is a false sense of assurance. Probably this TA has absolutely no experience in Vancouver or has even been on a cruise out of here?

I certainly may be wrong, but I'm assuming this is a US passenger??? Who then needs to allow a 2 hour window for an international flight?

I have a 12:05 p.m. departure with RCL transfer to the airport. I was told by RCL to book a flight at noon or after, so that's what we did. Hopefully that's accurate information!

Archived