Alaska cruise was fabulous and Vancouver is beautiful

FabFam

Hi guys, many thanks to everyone for giving such great advice--we just got back from our inside passage cruise southward from Seward to Vancouver. Every port was BEAUTIFUL....we stopped at Sitka (did our own sealife excursion instead of through the ship--went through Sitka Sound Tours0--GREAT)-we saw several whale, tons of eagles, puffin, sea otters, seals...then we went to the totem park and it was a wonderful forested area. ..Then other nice tours through Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. My husband and son caught several pink and one king salmon on the ship run excurion in Ketchikan. They were really tickled! The scenery from the ship is absolutely awesome and it helped that the weather cooperated all along the way. Currently we're in Vancouver enjoying this very nice city. The city bus and water taxi system works great and it's a peice of cake to get around.

I'm envious of many of you that are on your way out--you definitely don't need a heavy coat. Only a light rain jacket for just in case but be sure and bring at least a tshirt and some shorts for mild weather days. Sunscreen too! Yes on mosquitos if you do any land tours in the parks. I'll do a thorough review when I get back but just wanted to check in and say hi to all and that you're going to have a fantastic and epic vacation if you are lucky enough to go in the coming days! Time to go have another pint of Canadian beer YUM YUM

Take care all,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise. Alaska is awesome!!

I agree that Vanvouver is beautiful and has easy transportation systems. We enjoy spending extra days there when we cruise to Alaska. Enjoy your time in Vanvouver. Oh, hope you enjoyed your beer!!!!

No PD - It should be a Molson Canadian - I am Canadian.

Glad you are enjoying our great City and yes the weather has been great and it is suppose to be even warmer the next couple of days.

Cheers

Dennis

No PD - It should be a Molson Canadian - I am Canadian.

You must have peeked....once a year on June 30th I purchase a 6 pack of Molsons Canadian and throw them in a small cooler full of ice then I drink a few on Canada Day....a. I don't like the beer so making it real cold improves it to my taste and b. I don't like the eastern Molsons. Yes, I know that Kokanee is now owned by Carlings but at least it is still brewed in Creston. Did you know it is bottled in Creston but canned in Vancouver and the two beers are slightly different at least according to #2 son who used to guide for a senior executive of Carlings. I guess in terms of mid sized independent BC breweries we are down to Whistler .

This is also the 25th Anniversary of Granville Island brewing - one of the original craft breweries in this part of the country. Know one of the original owners quite well who last I heard was on the board that oversees the Knowledge Network here in BC

My preference for Molson products goes back to the days that your favorite pub would only have one draft on hand and my pub in those days was the Fraser Arms which was a big Molson suds factory - also didn't hurt that Molson's had a corporate group using my former employer's facilities and got to know guys like Roy Adams and Brian Hunter to name a couple so an occasional free case of Molson products would some times mysteriously appear at my desk at work.

Think I might cruise up Cypress today and do a little hiking but I don't perform well in hot weather and it is hot already.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived