Malibu Rum tour

negn

We were there last time in Barbados and will visit again in Jan 2010. We grabbed a cab from the ship port, about $10, did the rum tour for $10pp, enjoyed a few rums then received coupons for a couple free drinks on their beach ( Malibu Beach) adjacent to the distillery, cabs were at the road available for the ride back to the ship. $40 for the two of us, and spend as much time as you like at the beach with lounges and umbrellas.

Has anyone been to the Malibu Rum factory? I think I read there wasalso a beach there

Yup there is also a beach there. I see another poster indicated they paid like $40 for umbrellas an so on. This is fine if you really need that stuff( although I think $40 is a tad high:eek:)

All beaches in Barbados are free and once you exit your tour you can go onto a beach just a few steps down. It is a popular spot with the locals and has trees for natural shade as well as benches you can sit and eat on. Its call brandons beach.

I am sure you will enjoy it because it is the same strech of beach

This sounds like a fun and cheap day at the beach. Does anyone know if there's snorkeling off of this beach? and are there facilities you can use at the Malibu place (restrooms and changing rooms)?

Can't speak to snorkelling with any authourity but offhand I would say not much. I believe there are rest rooms at the malibu factory and you could probably use those to change in. However bear in mind that the malibu tour is separate and distinct from any beach time.

We have booked another excursion, and can probably make it to the distillery by 4pm. Ship leaves at 6pm. How far is it from the port (Large Princess ship)? What time do people usually get to the ship?

Thanks from a newbie!

We have booked another excursion, and can probably make it to the distillery by 4pm. Ship leaves at 6pm. How far is it from the port (Large Princess ship)? What time do people usually get to the ship?

Thanks from a newbie!

if you walk pretty quickly its about 10 minutes from the port. You will probably be able to see it from your ship when you dock.

You should try to ger back to the ship at least an hour before it sails.

Does the factory open pretty early in the morning? Was thinking about hitting this up in the morning, enjoy the beach for sometime, and then catching a cab to the Wildlife Reserve to be there for the feeding before heading back.

Thoughts?

Does the factory open pretty early in the morning?

Was thinking about hitting this up in the morning, enjoy the beach for sometime,

and then catching a cab to the Wildlife Reserve to be there for the feeding before heading back.

Thoughts?

Knowing local business practices, I should think they open at 9? -but don't quote me on that..

Aplmac,

Would you have any comments about cabbing (i.e. price, time, availability) it

to the Wildlife Reserve from Malibu for the 2PM feeding?

What about from Rockley?

Sorry but I don't do cab fare advice.

I live on the island, I've owned my own car for decades now

I don't use cabs at all

(-once a year? to get back to my house after a cruise?)

From Malibu to Wildlife Reserve is a half-hour trip approx.

From Rockley to Wildlife Reserve is about 45 mins. ..depends on the traffic.

Availability of cabs at either end, I simply don't know..sorry! :cool:

Will the rum factory be open on a Sunday in Nov?

I am not to sure on this one but I would suspect that based on the type of business it is that it would be but like Aplmac said...local business practices are sometimes very strange.

I'm not sure if aplmac may have the answer but if he doesn't I can check it out for you.

"Will the rum factory be open on a Sunday in Nov? "

Malibu, Mt. Gay, Foursquare and even Banks beer tours are weekdays only. Closed on weekends. All of them start at 9AM and end from 3:45PM-5PM. Sorry. :(

Will the rum factory be open on a Sunday in Nov?

Quote from the Princess shore excursions -

"Malibu is not open on weekends or public holidays." :mad:

I take that to mean the Rum Factory is not open - the beach is evidently quite busy with locals on week-ends.

Doug

Open on Sunday?

Somehow I doubt it, but I could be wrong...

Do you think it is doable time wise to have a taxi takes us to Banks Beer tour then Mt. Gay factory for a tour and then a few hours at the beach there? Are the two far apart?

Do you think it is doable time wise to have a taxi takes us to Banks Beer tour then Mt. Gay factory for a tour and then a few hours at the beach there? Are the two far apart?

I should have thought this through before asking!!! We want to do Harrison Cave, then Banks, then Mt. Gay......and a little beach time. We are in port from 8 - 5, do you think it is enough time?

Archived