Wondering about "duty free" shopping

cruiseawaits

We are ready to book either RCCL Adventure of the Seas(which stops in St. Croix) or the Carnival Victory(which stops in St. Thomas). We have been to St. Thomas many times and always have a wonderful time(usually beaching it with snorkeling). We have never been to St. Croix and would like to experience something different. I was just wondering about "duty free" shopping in St. Croix. Is it basically the same as St. Thomas? Specifically, are the cigarettes sold in St. Croix duty free. I know I paid $20/per carton in St. Thomas in February 2009. They are also the same cigarettes that I buy here in the states(not those that are manufactured for export). Do you know of any vendor on St. Croix that I may contact with regard to this? Thank you

You will find the same prices on STX and STT (allowing for various vendor fluctuations, of course).

I am not a smoker and not much help, sorry- perhaps post your brand here and another local could comment specifically.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful cruise!

Per the Sticky post above titled **DO NOT POST HERE** until you've read the Rules for Posting in the St. Croix Forum:

Participation of Tour Operators/Guides/Businesses/Drivers/Local Experts in Ports of call

Tour operators, guides, drivers, businesses and local experts in ports of call are welcome to participate on the forums. However, ALL advice offered must be general in nature only. They may not include any company name or contact information, nor may they use Cruise Critic's forums to conduct customer service - either for themselves or any company...

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful for all local experts in the future.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

I did not mean to break any rules here, I am not sure where I went wrong. I have no clue what ciggs go for, per carton... I don't smoke and haven't a clue if they are cheaper here, lol! I guess asking for their brand, so I could check it out in my semi- daily shopping, was the wrong thing to do?

Apologies all around!

Archived