travelling on spirit with little kids

coombs2

my inlaws told my wife and i tonight that they want to take us on a cruise on the spirit next summer with my wife and i and our daughter. at the time of the proposed cruise, she will be 19 months.

i have a few questions about the rooms from those that have been on the spirit. if we had an inside or oceanview room, will there be enough room to fit a playpen or crib in the room? the pictures on the site seemed to look way too small.

if we had a balcony room, which looks like it has enough space for a crib,does the door lock so that we dont worry about our daughter trying to open the door?

We sailed on June 19th with our 16 month old daughter and had an inside room (9569) with the pack-n-play they provided, and it was tight, I must say. we had the playpen between our bed and the wall, and there was a chair in front of it. Don't get me wrong, it was survivable, but tight. It was just hard because we had thick suitcases that didn't fit under the bed so those were in the way too.

FYI-there is a little play area for the little one's in the child care area, which was nice. If your little one is constantly on the go, let her run around in the hall as much as you can before going into the room. OUr little one hated coming back to the room because she couldn't roam. Also...try to have the waitstaff bring fruit or a snack during your appetizer. They were awesome at bringing her food out fast, however, that meant she was done before us and wanted to run around before we were finished. Mac and cheese from room service can be iffy sometimes (for whatever reason we kept getting cheddar jack cheese), but overall the staff was GREAT with her and keeping her happy....good luck, and have fun!

EDIT*** we sailed the spirit, not the dawn, but I am assuming the room set up is the same, as well as the kids area

Archived