Cabin change after luggage tags sent out

Great surprise - according to the website we've been upgraded from a GS to an OS! :) (just hope it's not an error)

But - have already been sent my documents and luggage tags (we leave in two weeks). We fly to our cruise, and are supposed to tag the bags at the airport, then they travel to the ship separately and we see them again in our stateroom. Anyone had this happen to them? Did they send you new tags, or did you use the old ones and it all worked out OK? My other thought was to put stickers over the cabin number with the new number on...

As you will not see your luggage at the pier, you might check to see how close the two cabins are, as the tags have not only cabin numbers but also locater areas on them and if they are close you could do as you suggest and change the numbers. Your other alternative is to let your cabin steward know about the change, they will usually go look for it for you. Hope this helps:)

Have checked where the new cabin is, and it's not far from the original one, so it seems I have several options and no need to worry - will just enjoy the extra space (except on the balcony, where DH points out there are 10 fewer sq ft...I think 105 sq ft is still plenty!).

Many thanks everyone for your very helpful advice :)

I just have to say, congradulations...

Just to reitterate. This has happened to me several times...last minute thing. When I get to the port I always have the porter make out tags for me with the new cabin number on them. I have never had any problems. But under NO condidtions put tags on that contain the old cabin number.

Have a wonderful trip...and enjoy the OS...they are really so nice.

Rev

Hiya! I'm hoping for the same, which cruise are you on? We will be on NOS Western Med 2 weeks today!! Yesssssssssss!

Good luck! We're doing Eastern Med on Legend of the Seas - DH didn't want to do Western Med as he felt he had visited too many of the ports before, and DS (just done his GCSEs) liked the idea of a trip to the pyramids.

Thanks again for the useful advice everyone.

What a nice surprise!!! I was upgraded once and I got a sharpie pen and crossed out cabin number and wrote my own. The luggage got to my room with no problems. Enjoy your cruise!!!

This is what I was told by RCCL once when we changed rooms. I have done it a couple of times since then and I've never had a problem getting our luggage.

Congtrats on the upgrade! Yes, DO NOT USE the original tags, even when RCCL tells you to. We did, and I was able to meet the nice folks who took our original cabin. Now we know what to do.

Same thing with us. We were able to upgrade and get a credit :D but we got the old cabin numbers on our luggage tags. So, we should just get new tags at the pier?? I was gonna make stickers on the current tags... no, huh?

I was ready to ask the rep for new tags at the airport when we land (we won't see our bags at the pier - once they leave the airport we don't see them til they get to our cabin), and I had a Sharpie ready to put the new number on in case I couldn't get new tags...I sent an email asking RCI what to do, and they haven't replied yet...but this morning, a new set of travel docs arrived, complete with new luggage labels! :):)

Still grateful for all the good advice though folks! (and really looking forward to finding out how nice an OS is ;))

Archived