Cruise on Mariner in December

We are on Mariner 11/29. We love the week following Thanksgiving for several reasons. Hurricane season is pretty much done. Not a lot of kids onboard - most parents don't seem to pull them out of school this week. Prices are good. Can't speak for later in the month but I think the same general rules apply to anything before Christmas.

We loved deck 6 because it was close to the promenade. I believe we walked one flight up, or down to get around most of the time. Also, since you will be heading out on the Mariner, you might want to check out Samantha Brown's show on Thurs (I believe it's thurs) of this week on the travel channel. She's highlighting the Mariner of the Seas, so there's something to kick that excitement into gear! Have a great cruise.

The show is Thursday but it's not a Samantha Brown show. They showcase 2 different passengers onboard - they've done 2 others for Mediterranean and Caribbean. The title is Great Cruises: Why Not The Mexican Riviera.

That sounds great, I am not a big fan of Samantha Brown. Now I can watch it with the sound ON !! :)

I cruise most Decembers to Mexico because the weather is usually cooler and less humid and the prices lower. This year for the first time i booked my Mexican cruise on Princess, better prices and I find both cruise lines similar.

I have been to the MR twice in December. The weather is great. Not too hot, not too cold and not too humid.

You may also see whales and dolphins around the ship, although I hear that whale sightings are better in January or February.

I did catch a picture of a whale, or part thereof, on my last trip in December.

My next trip will be in January, so I will find out then.:D

We're booked on Mariner for December 20th, another Christmas on a cruise, love it!!!

When Vision of the Sea was here, we cruised on her for Christmas of 2006. The first and last day may be a bit cool, heading north is a bit rough, but Mexico was warm and beautiful.

I would like to thank everyone for their input regarding cruising on Mariner to MR in December and comments on Deck 6. I found them very useful and plan on making reservations as soon as I can get my PVP on the phone.

It will be a 50th Anniversary cruise for us and hopefully a good one. As many of you say, there is no such thing as a bad cruise.

Archived