Half Day LA pre-cruise - suggestions?

Hi all. I'm cruising out of Long Beach Labor Day weekend on Carnival Splendor and we are arriving a day early around Noon (Sat) - it will be my mom and I. I've "done" LA before - about 8-10 years ago, but my mom has never been. I want her to see the highlights and here are my thoughts on what to do. Can anyone suggest an order? any additons or places to leave out? can we fit all this in by sunset?

* see the Hollywood Sign

* Grauman's Chinese Theater / Walk of Fame (any good place to park?)

* Drive through Beverly Hills

* Walk around Rodeo Drive (any good place to park?)

* St Monica Pier

* Venice Beach

Note - we are renting a car at LAX and that night returning it to Long Beach airport. We are staying at the new Ressidence Inn Downtown in Long Beach Sat night - we do plan on dropping off our bags, stop at the store for some last minute items, and then return the car and taxi back to the hotel (what would the taxi ride cost?).

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. I'm cruising out of Long Beach Labor Day weekend on Carnival Splendor and we are arriving a day early around Noon (Sat) - it will be my mom and I. I've "done" LA before - about 8-10 years ago, but my mom has never been. I want her to see the highlights and here are my thoughts on what to do. Can anyone suggest an order? any additons or places to leave out? can we fit all this in by sunset?

* see the Hollywood Sign

* St Monica Pier

* Venice Beach

Note - we are renting a car at LAX and that night returning it to Long Beach airport. We are staying at the new Ressidence Inn Downtown in Long Beach Sat night - we do plan on dropping off our bags, stop at the store for some last minute items, and then return the car and taxi back to the hotel (what would the taxi ride cost?).

Thanks in advance!

Hi....I just thought I would let you know that we have a great group of people going on this same cruise over on the Carnival Splendor roll call page.....We have a meet and greet set up as well as some other activities. Would love to have you join us!

* see the Hollywood Sign

* St Monica Pier

* Venice Beach

Note - we are renting a car at LAX and that night returning it to Long Beach airport. We are staying at the new Ressidence Inn Downtown in Long Beach Sat night - we do plan on dropping off our bags, stop at the store for some last minute items, and then return the car and taxi back to the hotel (what would the taxi ride cost?[/COLOR]).

Thanks in advance!

LB Yellow Cab co-op price is $30.

Archived