Least favorite port of call

MaiTaiMary

While I liked Port Lucaya, I'll give half my vote to Freeport. Too much effort to get to a good beach.

But the other half of my vote goes to Mazatlan. What a wasted day. There are no good beaches, and not much at all to see. We took a tour and frankly, much of it just looks like L.A. The little downtown central square was charming -- but that only took 15 minutes. The rest of the day involved driving around looking at mini-malls and store fronts. Bleh.

I have driven through Mazatlan a couple of times. I had the best Shrimp and oyster cocktails in my life there. Seafood dinners are also great. If you're not hungry or going fishing, I see no reason to go there.

Better go now while it's still small and quiet. I don't need any more Tshirt shops!:eek:
We'll be there in November for the 5th or 6th time. It's the one port that we tell people to see if they want a glimpse of what the Caribbean looked like before the cruise boom.

Charlie

This was a Carnival thread. :confused: I wonder why it was moved.

I meant for the thread to be for Carnival cruisers. :D

just a guess - this relates to ports and islands and not Carnival. i've been on carnival, rccl, and princess but i can't see what difference it makes what cruiseline I see the ports from. i can't even remember if my freeport stop was on carnival or rccl.

just a guess - this relates to ports and islands and not Carnival. i've been on carnival, rccl, and princess but i can't see what difference it makes what cruiseline I see the ports from. i can't even remember if my freeport stop was on carnival or rccl.

There are TONS of ports all over the world that other cruise lines visit that Carnival doesn't. ;)

Still not sure why my post was moved. :confused: I asked for it to be moved back to the Carnival forum and I guess it's not going to be.

spin-off from the other thread....

What is your least favorite Carnival port of call you've visited and why? :D

Jamaca. Can't stand that place! I think that it's dangerous and until that changes I'll stay on the ship! Very beautiful island and I think it's a real prtty that they let a few people with bad attitudes make is so bad that you won't come back to the whole country. If it did get better I would go back. Honest.

Archived